A Taxi Fare Dhs20

Topic locked
a taxi fare Dhs20 Dec 10, 2008
a 19 minutes journey from sharjah to dubai cost me dhs 41.50 this morning.
the new dhs20 starting fare for taxis between sharjah and dubai - applies from 1stDec - are diabolical, and considering that not many are earning fat salaries in both emirates, this will be an enormous financial pressure for those who are on low pay.
now many people will look for alternative modes of transport which there is no a thing as such; rta buses between sharjah/dubai run on limited services and they're packed most of the time..

the taxi companies in both emirates says the decision for increase - previously dhs2.50 day, dhs3.50 night- was made to provide 'an incentive' for taxi drivers who sometimes (?) refuse to make the journey between the two emirates..

instead of providing an incentive for taxi drivers, and leaving the destiny of many people in the hands of few companies, why not the governer of both emirates reduce the price of petrol since the world market price has gone down below $50 a barrel..

muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 10, 2008
Have a heart for the poor taxi drivers, who have to make 350 Dhs on the meter before they even make a Dirham!

If the taxi companies actually salaried the drivers with a basic, then they wouldn't refuse in the first place. The only reason they refuse certain journeys is because they simply cannot afford to do it.

Blame the RTA not the drivers!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 11, 2008
may be after all, i should feel a little compassionate towards those hard working taxi drivers..
otherwise on the post, there's no single line against them, not to forget i, in few occasions, was well over charged for the same distance i travel every day which were refunded after a serious of phone conversations with citi taxi hr and cs..
besides, do you think the new charges introduced for the drivers to earn more; i doubt..

xl
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai