Dubai For Families

Topic locked
Dubai for Families Nov 21, 2008
We are looking into a move to Dubai and think it sounds like a great place to live as a family. I have done a search on this but just had a few specific questions that I hope some of you could answer. We are an Aussie family of 4 with two toddlers.

1) What are the challenges of living in Dubai with toddlers? Is it generally pram/kid friendly?

2)From what I have researched it seems that the cost of living in Dubai is fairly similar to Australia (excluding rent and school fees :shock: ) would that be accurate?

3) Would I be able to take the kids to a public beach on my own during the week while my husband is at work or would it be unwise? We are all blonde(not sure if this makes a difference) I realise some of the beaches have a ladies day however I am pressuming that we would want to go to the beach more than once a week.

Thanks,
Jac

jac12
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 24, 2008
Hi Jac,

We have just moved here from the UK. We have one 4 year old son who has just started school at Star International (Umm Sqm) . If you need a space call them immediately as they are gold dust.

I would say its great for families, in fact its one the reasons we moved. I dont know about Oz, I hear its great there too. But for sure you can stroll with your pus chair / pram around where you live (depending on where you live of course).

Many areas here have a real sense of community and one thing I have noticed is that in many cases we are all in the same situation. All expats, all new.

If you dont join a beach club there are great little beaches which are free. Or you can pay 5dhs for one with snack bars etc. Now in the winter time is lovely for walking along the seafront.

My wife is also pregnant with our second and she is looking forward to doing just that. People here are ALL child friendly, they love kids. The parks are amazing and there's lots to do. You have to drive everywhere in between, and that can be crazy, but its worth it.

One more thing, I am also fair and careful with the sun. You Aussies know more about sun protection than most, so it shouldnt trouble you. But this time of year its glorious.

Good luck!
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 24, 2008
"......We are all blonde(not sure if this makes a difference)......"

I cant believe you actually made the above statement!!! What do you expect - everyone to bow down and kiss your feet? Geez, you aussies really jump around with the kangaroos, dont you???

Bu then again - Oops - you're blonde means you're stupid. So best of luck!
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 24, 2008
michaeldubai wrote:"......We are all blonde(not sure if this makes a difference)......"

I cant believe you actually made the above statement!!! What do you expect - everyone to bow down and kiss your feet? Geez, you aussies really jump around with the kangaroos, dont you???

Bu then again - Oops - you're blonde means you're stupid. So best of luck!

I cant believe I am giving you the time of day. But unless I know for sure you are taking the Mick.....

Blondes are more susceptible (sp?) to heat stroke and sunburn. I think thats what they meant.
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat