Should I Bother To Go To City Scape?

Topic locked
Should I bother to go to City Scape? Oct 06, 2008
City Scape has started tody. If anyone has visited the exhibition and would like to share with us his or her impression and/or pointers, we would appreciate it. Thx!

Tommy

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Don't be singing "BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE" Oct 07, 2008
Mate, Cityscape is huge! Its the largest C&D, property and real estate exhibition in this neck of the woods. Infact, it seems to be penned down in the calendar of every body who's anybody in the aforementioned sector/s. It's such an immense success that they have City Scape in South Asia and South America to name a few other regions besides the Middle East.

Go visit it if you are in real estate development or the construction and development industry in general.

PS
I strongly advise you against getting into the vibes and dance moves of the original TOM JONES as the place would be packed like a sardine can :shock: Also, crooning "Fighting fire with fire, BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE" in a property event will see you make a trip to the security control room :lol: :lol: :lol:
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 07, 2008
Exhibitor list should speak volumes for the event; will try posting it in a third post as I still can't post URLs
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 07, 2008
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 07, 2008
@Tom Jones ......Is your dad Henry Fielding? :cheers:

This is good to know. I'm a newbie in RE development. It's not my interest for the long term or shall I say after summer 2009 but it's the field I work in now so I'll read up. :wink:
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 07, 2008
Is CityScape a viable worthwhile exhibition or is it a case of "I can build a bigger development than you" and then in a couple of years the whole project ends up being cancelled ?
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 08, 2008
A lot of it is speculative these days.

Lets build a big eff off stand, a really detailed model with working street lights and lots of little model people, produce a glossy brochure and then staff it with a bunch of models who don't really work for us and know nothing about the project but keep the ugly sales people in a small room round the back...

Then see if we can get some wealthy fool to buy the whole thing.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events