Dopey Beggar!

Topic locked
Dopey Beggar! Sep 17, 2008
Not sure if anyone caught this gem in the Gulf News this morning:

Some guy came up to a local in a car park in Deira and showed him a picture of an ultrasound scan to show how sick he was and that the local, in the spirit of Ramadan, should hand over some money to help him with his treatment.

Unfortunately, the local guy was the Chief of Police.

The ultrasound scan was of a pregnant woman!

He was arrested and charged with begging.

Duh!!

:shock: :? :lol:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 17, 2008
Yeah I saw it in my rss feed and was laughing like hell.

I know as well that some of them knocks on apartments to ask for money...

And the worst thing is...some of them just enters your apartment if kept unlock!!

Oh, the most thing I hate are the DVD sellers ringing my doorbell every weekend!

And the most thing I hate hate hate is somebody ringing my doorbell EARLY in the morning on a weekend!

Good now that the guards of the building are back in duty! They have to stop this irritating trespassers.

Arrrgghhhh I hope they learn how to respect privacy of people. :confused5:
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 17, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:Yeah I saw it in my rss feed and was laughing like hell.

I know as well that some of them knocks on apartments to ask for money...

And the worst thing is...some of them just enters your apartment if kept unlock!!

Oh, the most thing I hate are the DVD sellers ringing my doorbell every weekend!

And the most thing I hate hate hate is somebody ringing my doorbell EARLY in the morning on a weekend!

Good now that the guards of the building are back in duty! They have to stop this irritating trespassers.

Arrrgghhhh I hope they learn how to respect privacy of people. :confused5:

There, there...just you let it all out sweetie!

Feeling better now?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 17, 2008
Hahahhahahahhaha :geek:

I feel much much better...I didn't notice that until you highlighted it!

I am definitely nagging with that post!! hahahahahahha :blob5:
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 18, 2008
I too have this experienced months ago. There was one time, I came out late from the office in Deira, when I was about to cross the street. A car just stop in front of me, glass window just open and a young man pop out saying, "HI"How are you? Indeed I replied in a good manner, saying I'm good, may I helped you? Driver told me like they are coming from Abu Dhabi, and they are out of Gas, and they are hungry. And there without any hesitation he ask me, can you give us some money? I told them sorry but I can't helped you, all of the sudden they left without saying anything. I was saying at the back of my head, their strategies are too obvious. I was really laughing.
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 18, 2008
I like proper sentence construction with a bit of a twist. :P

It's just....me!
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 18, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:I like proper sentence construction with a bit of a twist. :P

It's just....me!

Like the rest of this town, sentence construction is done badly and will invariably be completed late...

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 18, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Like the rest of this town, sentence construction is done badly and will invariably be completed late...

ha!

Also, begging from a car is a new one to me.

I was once having breakfast with some friends in a cafe and a beggar came up said he was from Sharjah (sp?) and need some money to get home and for medicines. He then showed me an empty medicine box and worst of all lifted up his shirt to show me his Catheter Bag (bag collecting urine) attached to his waist. :pukeright:

I was too shocked to think properly and just said "Um, no" and he left. I should have given him some money really but I was honestly just shocked at having a bag of urine shoved in my face at breakfast.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Sep 18, 2008
Captain Australia wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Like the rest of this town, sentence construction is done badly and will invariably be completed late...

ha!

Also, begging from a car is a new one to me.

I was once having breakfast with some friends in a cafe and a beggar came up said he was from Sharjah (sp?) and need some money to get home and for medicines. He then showed me an empty medicine box and worst of all lifted up his shirt to show me his Catheter Bag (bag collecting urine) attached to his waist. :pukeright:

I was too shocked to think properly and just said "Um, no" and he left. I should have given him some money really but I was honestly just shocked at having a bag of urine shoved in my face at breakfast.

He must have been taking the piss!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 18, 2008
[Groaner pun] <- That's a Yellow Card DK

;-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Sep 18, 2008
Its that time of the year .....again....the season to be begging, fleece, scam..hmmm.......whatelse........ 8)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 18, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
farthestpoint wrote:I like proper sentence construction with a bit of a twist. :P

It's just....me!

Like the rest of this town, sentence construction is done badly and will invariably be completed late...

Knight

Hahahahha you never fail to make me laugh with your comments, Knight. :lol:

I had been going around the whole DF and I see a clear reflection from the quality of the "sentence constructors" shouting to the world:

-I am confuse with my ideas
-I am contradicting myself
-I do not have logic
-I do not know where to use my logic
-I do not know how to adapt the idea
-I can't express myself clearly
-I am way too emotional to argue

Like Dubai's pretending beggars, you'll one day realize the fact that they are just...pretending to be one!

Hahhahhahaahahah But it's a good for a stomach-paining laugh when we all need it the most! :lol:
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 19, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:
Hahhahhahaahahah But it's a good for a stomach-paining laugh when we all need it the most! :lol:

If this was deliberate...you are a genius sweetie!

LMAO!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 19, 2008
I don't know if one of you have seen this local guy outside of Star Bucks Coffee Shop Al Ghurair.

I look pity on him, because he is mentally unfit and aside from that, he always walk back and fort and singing Arabic songs. I don't know if he gets tired of doing those things. I guess local communities are aware of it, I just hope someday he will be put in the right place with a proper attention. :cry:
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 20, 2008
SicnarFranciS wrote:I don't know if one of you have seen this local guy outside of Star Bucks Coffee Shop Al Ghurair.

I look pity on him, because he is mentally unfit and aside from that, he always walk back and fort and singing Arabic songs. I don't know if he gets tired of doing those things. I guess local communities are aware of it, I just hope someday he will be put in the right place with a proper attention. :cry:

Hmmm...

I found out from a reliable source that this guy is actually part of CID. If you will notice, whenever there is a problem in that area, if this guy is around (which indeed he always is), it'll only take few minutes for the police to arrive in the area. Also, haven't you noticed that there was at one point where too many DVD sellers and beggars roam around there to sell/ask money from the customers sitting outside...I believe they were all busted.

However, this was long time ago...I don't know the actual situation there now.

....if it is still the same and you hang-out there a lot, keep your observations open and you might end up with a surprise.

I also have seen that the source I was talking about, speaks to him in normal conversation. I was actually shocked because I had always thought before that this guy is crazy....ever wonder why the police doesn't get rid of him there in that area?
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 20, 2008
never faced that problem:) maybe my face is always in a "talk to me and get killed expression". have seen beggers asking people standing a few feet away from me, but never ventured near me:)

DK do i really look the part? ( coz probably hes the only one left here whos seen me in person)hehehe

cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
farthestpoint wrote:

If this was deliberate...you are a genius sweetie!

LMAO!

Knight

:D Thanks Knight, I sometimes have some "genius" moments...but then I am like the pendulum, I can tip completely to the other side.

Hahahahahhahah :)
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 21, 2008
Jeevan wrote:never faced that problem:) maybe my face is always in a "talk to me and get killed expression". have seen beggers asking people standing a few feet away from me, but never ventured near me:)

DK do i really look the part? ( coz probably hes the only one left here whos seen me in person)hehehe

cheers,

J

Well I would never go near you! You do have that 'Don't F*ck with me' kind of expression...

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 21, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:...but then I am like the pendulum, I can tip completely to the other side.

Hahahahahhahah :)

Typical woman then!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 21, 2008
Depends how you define "typical" Knight!

Awwwww I hate being called "typical woman" because it always reminds me of the negative connotation of being a woman in general!!!!!

Why are men like this????
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat