Afraid About What I Heard

Topic locked
Afraid about what i heard Aug 28, 2008
Hey guys,
I'm a 30 years old muslim male from france considering to move to Dubai. I have no expatriate contrat i jut want to come for a first visit and look for a job. I have no specific skills, i'm a multipurpose person, i used to work on event and hospitality.My budget is limited to relocate.
What i'm afraid about is i heard emiraties are very rude and take advantage of foreigners who don't have any degree or high qualfications and most working people are under paid then housing is expansive and they all live in shared appartment.
It is right your employer keep your passport till you quite ?
It is right they are many prostitutes, arrogant and proud people all over dubai ? Can i meet interesting people and make friends ?

I hope it's not true that why i'm asking you about the way of life and my chances to get an opportunity and setle in this city.

Thanks to help me to make a choice.

Bye
Salam alikoum

Classikal
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 28, 2008
First off you will have a difficult time finding any decent job without qualifications.

Dubai is what you make it, search around the forum as there are answers to all your questions in other threads.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 28, 2008
Dubai is a lost hole in the desert.....i saw reading some thread how much it's boring to live in this place and thanks Lord to make me realize that through this forum.
I hope it's not too hard for you expatriate to live surrounded by that kind of people who encourage slavery prostitution and think they have flavor because they can buy anything or maybe you don't mind as long they leave you drink and F**k like animals exploited people you are.
F**k DUBAI and people who manage all this F***** S**T .... i know arabs are too stupid for having build all this on their owns it can only be supported by white people.
The rules of this forum are hypocrites look behind your windows and the behaviors of peole around you fake muslims....you make me sick
Emiraties were bedouins now there are still bedouins with versace shoes.
There is no difference because you are still walking in the sand.
Classikal
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 28, 2008
an other thing CHOCOHOLIC SAID

Dubai is what you make it,

Do you thing you are in hollywood ?
Dubai is a land of opportunities ?
Your sentence have no sense its just show how much you must be out, in the wind, or maybe a sponsor of this forum who try to promote this city or just a hoe who like tasting arab family jewellery with enough carat.

Open your eye BUBAIHOLIC and stop lickin the sand
Classikal
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 29, 2008
OMG - well with a crappy attitude like that I don't expect you to get anywhere - I certainly wouldn't employ you!

You totally have the wrong idea, wrong perception. Clearly all you've read about the place is what you read in the media.

If all you can do is be rude and nasty to someone that was helping to answer your questions, then quite frankly, we don't want you here anyway.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Afraid about what i heard Aug 29, 2008
Classikal wrote:I'm a 30 years old muslim male from france ...

... i know arabs are too stupid ...

Mais non, vous etes un tres jolie Troll :lol:

I think the current arrangement is perfect. You're not in Dubai and happy with that. So are we ;).
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 29, 2008
I think the current arrangement is perfect. You're not in Dubai and happy with that.

nicely said tchita today everyland is corrupted so i prefer to stay in a western country

I want to apolozise to CHOCOHOLIC i was rude and disrepectfull....
sorry.....when i find out the true about dubai i was out of control, so sorry if i hurt you.

Good luck to all expatriates living there...i'll try the united states it seem to be less hypocrite and more interesting.
Classikal
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 30, 2008
THe US is less hypocritic?! I really don't think so. Do a little research on that and have your eyes opened. The US and their leaders are probably responsible for many issues in other countries today.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 30, 2008
Hey choco, nice to see ur not upset.
Yes u right about the united states. I didn't used the good word to explain my mind. I mean even if they are responsable for many issues around the world people living there are generally nice and real. They don't try to be what they aren't. What u talking about its politic and like everywhere in the world now people are managed they are all like sheeps, they can do anything each one is trying to keep his confort and interess. Most of events and active people fighting against injustice and poverty are in the united states. Others people most concerned by theses issues do nothing.
With all their money emiraties does nothing to help people overwise they exploit them. They just know how to invest (thangs to western consultants!!!) and build arrogant construction.
What made me sick about dubai is how arabs muslims who heritated sciences, philosophy medecine and more thanks and from islam became like animals doing such thing and thinking they are an elite because the cash is flowing. They are just concretizing the signs of the end of the word said by the Prophet (sws).
My point of view is religious but without that it seem to be boring to live there because everything is fake this city have no soul no history, they are just trying to attract people eyes building big things but the rest of the world don't mind. Also they do it exploiting asians indies pakistanies phillipinos coming to have a better life some suicide themselves because of the rudeness of emiraties. Go visit the dark side of dubai to understand what i'm saying i'm well informed...but i think you know it you just hide it from your mind to keep living your confortable life.....so good luck.....just don't say its a kind of hollywood where everyone can succeed, they are just copying america like the rest of the world and like every copy it's less good than the original. For the arabs issues in Iraq Palestine and all matters know by the muslims community its their fault and the fault of their ancestors, they complaint too much and do nothing smart to change whats happening. A Quran verse say : Allah don't change people if they don't want to change, so if these people do nothing for themselves who is gonna do it.

N.B I'm not arab i'm a convert
Classikal
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 30, 2008
i agree completely with you Classikal. i also suggest you not to be rude when you express your pov.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 31, 2008
Classikal wrote:Hey choco, nice to see ur not upset.
Yes u right about the united states. I didn't used the good word to explain my mind. I mean even if they are responsable for many issues around the world people living there are generally nice and real. They don't try to be what they aren't. What u talking about its politic and like everywhere in the world now people are managed they are all like sheeps, they can do anything each one is trying to keep his confort and interess. Most of events and active people fighting against injustice and poverty are in the united states. Others people most concerned by theses issues do nothing.
With all their money emiraties does nothing to help people overwise they exploit them. They just know how to invest (thangs to western consultants!!!) and build arrogant construction.
What made me sick about dubai is how arabs muslims who heritated sciences, philosophy medecine and more thanks and from islam became like animals doing such thing and thinking they are an elite because the cash is flowing. They are just concretizing the signs of the end of the word said by the Prophet (sws).
My point of view is religious but without that it seem to be boring to live there because everything is fake this city have no soul no history, they are just trying to attract people eyes building big things but the rest of the world don't mind. Also they do it exploiting asians indies pakistanies phillipinos coming to have a better life some suicide themselves because of the rudeness of emiraties. Go visit the dark side of dubai to understand what i'm saying i'm well informed...but i think you know it you just hide it from your mind to keep living your confortable life.....so good luck.....just don't say its a kind of hollywood where everyone can succeed, they are just copying america like the rest of the world and like every copy it's less good than the original. For the arabs issues in Iraq Palestine and all matters know by the muslims community its their fault and the fault of their ancestors, they complaint too much and do nothing smart to change whats happening. A Quran verse say : Allah don't change people if they don't want to change, so if these people do nothing for themselves who is gonna do it.

N.B I'm not arab i'm a convert

Sorry to tell you this, but I sense anger in you. I don't agree on this point "everything is fake this city have no soul no history, they are just trying to attract people eyes building big things but the rest of the world don't mind. Also they do it exploiting asians indies pakistanies phillipinos coming to have a better life some suicide themselves because of the rudeness of emiraties." to be fair with the locals(Emaratis) leaving in it's own soil, they have a very Wonderful History that are unique to western people as well as with Asians. The fact is everywhere you go you see dreadful issues/people and it's for you to deal with it, and you said SUICIDE THEMSELVES oh common it's not your problem. People have their choice, everyone of us has options, but they choose that way so they must deal with the consequences. It's just a matter of Cause and Effect relationship, as for me the fact that I am not local I need to respect their culture and beliefs, if you don't like the Rules and Regulations better to go back home than complaining because people are tired of those Chicken Mouth and be aware, you end up being Stab(By Words), or Behind Bars.

Lastly bees are not attracted to flowers without honey because they knew they have nothing to give, same as people who are coming to this place(Dubai). People are coming to Dubai it's because of it's amenities in fact Dubai has a very Good, Inspiring Leader, the fact that it is really expensive for those new then I suggest calculate your budget before booking your ticket you might end up sleeping in the Dubai International Airport. So before you write your comments do some research, it might mortify the Readers/Members. :shock:
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 31, 2008
Sicnarfrancis said
oh common it's not your problem. People have their choice, everyone of us has options.

what option do you have when your employer hold your passeport, force you to work like a slave under 45 degree for minimum wage (who don't exist in dubai!!!) The only choice these people done is to accept work from emiratis.

Sicnarfrancis said
I am not local I need to respect their culture and beliefs, if you don't like the Rules and Regulations better to go back home than complaining because people are tired of those Chicken Mouth

Where is the culture : Slavery and arrogance
Whats are the rules and regulations : Tell to the world we are good muslims applying Sharia and because mc donald is halal and from behind the door import protitutes from russia, eastern europ and others countries, being unfair exploiting poors
You just seem to be not human maybe because you are a bee attracted by honey ....oh excuse me ....money.

Sicnarfrancis said
Dubai has a very Good, Inspiring Leader

Oh i find out you r not a bee you are le bouffon du roi

Sicnarfrancis said
be aware, you end up being Stab(By Words), or Behind Bars.

Please let me see that

For someone who sign his post by "Truth Conquers All" you must be blind for not seeing the true i'm talking about.

Im not a hater i just don't understand why brothers who God give favor (oil came from the earth, they don't produce it with their hands) are acting like that. Its the same for saoudies and leaders of muslims countries. I just point my finger on dubai because i've thought to relocate there thinking it was a modern muslim city.
My post is all about islam and way of life. Only muslims and sensitive people can understand what i mean.

That my last sentence here

Salam
Classikal
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 31, 2008
Hello Brother
you really made every one come to your post wonder what exactly you want?
and what is your problem, if you don't like the place, it's ok you have all the rights to dont come, and before fighting and start talk wz your lovely words style, plz give your self a break and watch around you in france and in any other country...
what the damn fault here or in any other islamic country? nowadays no where is perfect, leaders every where are trying to slave every one so be easy wz us here and watch any news channel and tell me a better place to go before hear from you any more.
I'm muslim as well (thnx god) and as our sharia told us to make our community better is to start with our self (isn't right) better to you is to have a profession and skills more than making parties and entertain others which by your language is not a decint work.

Please enough talking and start working, we are suffering from guys made islam picture bad to be seen by not muslims.

so as we ordered "If you have nice thing say it, if not shut the f**k up"
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 31, 2008
alikoum salam yasrkasem

You want to know whats my problem..... i'm desesperated by this world and by muslims, i thought in middle east life was better to practice islam but i found it's worst, because we know and we do nothing.
So you recommand me to accept the rules as they are telling me "If you have nice thing say it, if not shut the f**k up" and you seem to be more preoccupated by whats non muslims think than whats Allah want us to do and be....i answer you by the hadith who said if you see something wrong act to turn it if you can't do it acting change it speaking if you cant by words do it by your mind and this is the lower degree of faith....so you want me to say nothing ! That's why everything is wrong with our community they see they heard but they act like blind and deaf people....i'm not saying i'm perfect but i'm on my way..........that right that people who are active regarding islam to keep it truly apply was sent to jail or killed in despotic muslims countries that why people say nothing they fear more the leaders and police than Allah.....thats what you want me to shut the f**k up or get behind bars ???...so don't cry when you see brothers killed and suffring in this planet.......just go to the swimming pool of your condo relax and remind a good souvenir......alright i'll do it and leave you alone because from now i have no country and dont expect anything from my coward community.
I should maybe begin by france but its a republican country they dont claim to be muslims otherwise i'll try to change things here....
There is no more possible Hijra for me......
But you right its maybe preferable to live inside an hypocritic muslim country than a liberal one ????? Who will be more sentenced the ones who know or the ignorant ???

Sorry for my language i try to change my way of speaking but i grow up in the french ghetto and i took the bad habit of speaking too much freely throught internet forum, and my job don't consist on parties i was working for event and ads compagnies promoting artists, writers.... i've worked in customer service too and i've done many second job in hospitality... im also the president of an association helping younth to find jobs so don't think you are better than me because of your engineer degree and because you speak as a tasty educated man .....if my english was better i'll speak better. I just learn it thanks to TV

I keep your advice i'll start by myself.....and finish by myself like everyone in this world

I hope i didn't hurt you this is the way i talk that's it.

salam
Classikal
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 31, 2008
Classikal wrote:alikoum salam yasrkasem

You want to know whats my problem..... i'm desesperated by this world and by muslims, i thought in middle east life was better to practice islam but i found it's worst, because we know and we do nothing.
So you recommand me to accept the rules as they are telling me "If you have nice thing say it, if not shut the f**k up" and you seem to be more preoccupated by whats non muslims think than whats Allah want us to do and be....i answer you by the hadith who said if you see something wrong act to turn it if you can't do it acting change it speaking if you cant by words do it by your mind and this is the lower degree of faith....so you want me to say nothing ! That's why everything is wrong with our community they see they heard but they act like blind and deaf people....i'm not saying i'm perfect but i'm on my way..........that right that people who are active regarding islam to keep it truly apply was sent to jail or killed in despotic muslims countries that why people say nothing they fear more the leaders and police than Allah.....thats what you want me to shut the f**k up or get behind bars ???...so don't cry when you see brothers killed and suffring in this planet.......just go to the swimming pool of your condo relax and remind a good souvenir......alright i'll do it and leave you alone because from now i have no country and dont expect anything from my coward community.
I should maybe begin by france but its a republican country they dont claim to be muslims otherwise i'll try to change things here....
There is no more possible Hijra for me......
But you right its maybe preferable to live inside an hypocritic muslim country than a liberal one ????? Who will be more sentenced the ones who know or the ignorant ???

Sorry for my language i try to change my way of speaking but i grow up in the french ghetto and i took the bad habit of speaking too much freely throught internet forum, and my job don't consist on parties i was working for event and ads compagnies promoting artists, writers.... i've worked in customer service too and i've done many second job in hospitality... im also the president of an association helping younth to find jobs so don't think you are better than me because of your engineer degree and because you speak as a tasty educated man .....if my english was better i'll speak better. I just learn it thanks to TV

I keep your advice i'll start by myself.....and finish by myself like everyone in this world

I hope i didn't hurt you this is the way i talk that's it.

salam

You really seem to have a chip on the old shoulder, still why am I not surprised from someone who lives in France :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 31, 2008
well, what classikal saying is pure truth. but the way he put it here is somewhat strange to the people in this part of planet. the time for a hard reaction from this part of the word has long passed.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 31, 2008
Well guys, First of All, The prostitution in Dubai is unquestionable.

For Classikal and Sicnarfrancis, Please stop being bad to each other and discuss the topic objectively. Both of you are Muslims, Please let us take each other easy,,

Yes Dubai is a devil's land, I agree with that from a religious view but not from an economic view.

Economically, Dubai is still fine. But to rise up children or to enjoy being with a family then it is not the right place for that.

For single Muslims, it's still their choice to be a bad Muslim or a good Muslim by keeping themselves away of the sins places, or and to avoid being with those who are going to misguidance them.

For yasrkasem, You just deserved Classikal reply.

and about "Dubai is what you make it"
Well, Kind of truth, Be Smart & Play It Right!

About those people who are committed to suicide finally, I agree that they got in a forcibly way to get involved to do things which actually despoil their freedom of choice.
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat