Moving To Dubai In About 5 Monthes...

Topic locked
Moving to Dubai in about 5 monthes... Aug 24, 2008
Hello all, I'm Cameron and I'm 19 yrs old.

Well, my mothers job is causing us to move to Dubai, I'm a bit nervous because I lived in the states all my life and have never been out of the US. I'm just trying my best to find as much as I can about it.

Just though I would join this forum to meet and talk to people that already live there and so I can update on our progress. My mother is currently looking for our new home. I'm excited to get my Bmw M5 when I get there :P

-Cam

Cam1093
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 25, 2008
A good news for you is almost everyone in Dubai speak english and almost everything has english translate.
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2008
The bad thing is that you will have to forget about the clubbing because it's not like in the states and you can't get alcohol in the supermarket and some other issues because it's a Muslim country.
Salamov
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 26, 2008
r u a troll?

anyway - you're 19, you are an adult - you can stay in the us if you want no?
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 26, 2008
Salamov wrote:The bad thing is that you will have to forget about the clubbing because it's not like in the states and you can't get alcohol in the supermarket and some other issues because it's a Muslim country.

er dude, the legal age for the US is 21 anyway, so it won't make any difference to him.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 26, 2008
I know about legal age, but in the US you can still get to a club if you are 18, but you won't be able to buy drinks.
Salamov
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 26, 2008
Is the problem to ASK a friend who above age just to buy it for you?
How you think kids gets cigarrets? They ask olders to buy.
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2008
Navigator wrote:Is the problem to ASK a friend who above age just to buy it for you?
How you think kids gets cigarrets? They ask olders to buy.

And how will you ask older friends to get you into a club?
Salamov
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 27, 2008
er the guy never even mentioned clubbing and drinking. S, I think that's all you have on your mind, there are lots of other things to do here you know besides that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 27, 2008
We always used a little thing called a fake ID.
Worked great

By the way, anyone hear about the movement by university heads to lower the drinking age in the US? pretty cool I think
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2008
Booze is the cause of most stupid actions. You get a big fine now if you're caught with a fake ID.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum