Have I Been Hacked Or Just Paranoid?

Topic locked
Have i been hacked or just paranoid? Jun 09, 2008
Dear All,

I need some input from those who are more computer literate than i am.

I use MSN for chatting/webcam with friends/family in the UK.

I also use the Bullet Screen Recorder to sometimes record streams.

Recently, whilst on MSN and on a webcam 'call', twice i heard the same 'click' sound that occurs, when i use Bullet. It was EXACTLY the same.

I spoke to a friend of mine, who said that if someone had actually done it, to save the recorded 'stream' and then upload it to a server somewhere would reduce my computer to a 'crawl'.

The point is though, the webcam streams were hardly 10 seconds long (when i heard the clicks). We were on webcam for over a couple of hours, before i heard the clicks.

I am SURE (no paranoia) that i heard the same exact clicks.

My questions are as follows :

1. Is it possible that someone hacked into my computer, and somehow was recording the streams of my family?

2. If not, then what could possibly explain those VERY distinct 'clicking' sounds?

3. What can/should i do?

Oh and i KNOW that my family wouldn't be recording. Besides me asking them, they're even more illiterate than i am, when it comes to computers.

This was a couple of days ago, thus if i had been hacked, it is possible that the person who did it, would have removed all traces of it by now.

I would REALLY appreciate any/all help that i can get.

Thanks.

the.eternal.truth
Dubai Forum User

Jun 26, 2008
hi
sure every one could be hacked, But,
to catch your stream its litle bit hard coz it need good internet connection and for sure ur home connection is not that fast, also what kind of anti virus u use, i have norton security with anti virus came wz my HP pavalion and its good so far.
just be sure ur windows and anti virus updated to the last update also delete all cockies on your browser from internet option tab, passwords and the complex passwords is important, by the way its good time to change it for more securety.
good luck, and surfe safe ;)
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 12, 2008
Technically you are on your home internet connection, so in this case if you're internet is secured then nobody could hack you, unless your sharing your internet security password to your friends then that time they can go insided. If they intend to know your secrets files, and so on and so fort.

Hackers are hackers, but there are two types of them. Hardcore hackers, and the other one is just a hackers(They just want to know your secrets). So word of advice just back-up your files from time to time, or change your internet security password from time to time as well.

Video talks, live streamings and even chatting are really recorded for security reasons. But all this are privately disclused for privacy of the members, hotmail, yahoo, or google what ever service you are using.

So if your Computer is doing fine technically you are safe. But if you can see that some of your files are messing or deleted then I think you need to change your password from time-time(Internet security password) for your own safety also.

Otherwise it's just some lapses for slow internet connection thats why you are hearing those strange sounds. :wink:
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk