Acura MDX

Topic locked
Acura MDX Mar 03, 2008
Who is the dealer here for Acura MDX 2008?

Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 16, 2008
Acura = Honda. Dealer for Honda in Dubai is Al-Futtain.
ghoonk
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 24, 2008
It is by Honda but I think Honda has kept it as a different agency. Anyway, I checked with Al-Futtaim, they don't have it. It has to be imported what I heard.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 02, 2008
Acura is not sold in the GCC whatsoever.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 17, 2008
u can still import it payin a 5% duty..
ther are currently 4 acura's in dxb.. of what i knw
Bunnu
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 17, 2008
Bunnu wrote:u can still import it payin a 5% duty..
ther are currently 4 acura's in dxb.. of what i knw

Just adding to what you are saying, bunnu...

Unless one plans to ship every little spare part from USA, it is generally a bad idea to buy cars not sold here, since one needs extensive knowledge of which parts are unique and which parts come off other Hondas. Speaking from experience, most local dealers are hardly helpful, as most likely they will either make you wait 6 months for the part or tell you to get lost.

Add to that the risk of buying some American's flood-damaged cancelled-but-refurbished vehicle (thanks to Hurricane Katrina, etc), and the exclusivity factor quickly wears off, especially since an Acura isn't a desirable collectible in the first place.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 20, 2008
yepp, anywayz.. the GCC (Approx. 300 million population) is still a relatively small mkt to attract the sexy car industry & the services it has to offer (spare parts wud need a different thread altogether) when compared to the North America region which includes USA (303 million ppl) Canada (33 million ppl), Mexico (more than half have migrated illegally to USA) :wink:
Bunnu
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 20, 2008
So lets just stick to what GCC spex cars v have readily n sorta boringly available here.. and rest in peace
Bunnu
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto