I Start A Job In Dubai May 15th, Any Advice?

Topic locked
I start a job in Dubai May 15th, any advice? Apr 03, 2008
Hi All,

I've really appreciated all of the advice that has been put on the site, and feel much more secure about the move out after having a good read through.

However, I thought I might put my salary situation up, and see if you guys think I'll be OK for the standard of living.

I have taken a Marketing/PR account director job at an annual salary of 264,000 AED. That's it. No accomodation, medical etc. Total price; 22,000 p/m. 24 days holiday, and a flight each year home.

I am thinking of booking into a hotel for 3/5 days and then finding a flatshare place.

The job is based in the Media City, so any thoughts on good locations would be appreciated.

Is it easy to find flatmates, and a simple process to move in? I have found something on Dubizzle (sorry for mentioning a competitor!) where flatmates can get together. I am thinking of spending about 5,500 p/m for a room all inclusive. Am I being realistic? Anyone have any thoughts on how contracts should be agreed etc.

I am really looking forward to the move.

Any comments you may be able to add would really be appreciated.

Cheers

JBarber1978
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 03, 2008
Yes many people do share apartments here with your budget... some friends of mine recently moved into the Jumeirah Beach Residence in Marina, a 3 bedroom each paying roughly around AED5K a month. If you work in the Media City then Marina or the Greens are your best bet. A cheaper option is Al Basha near Mall of Emirates, environment is not ideal but you can potentially get a place on your own, albeit rents have increased dramatically in Q1 of this year.

Good Luck!
shaq
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum