Anyone Into Scuba Diving?

Topic locked
Anyone into scuba diving? Mar 20, 2008
I did some research and found that there is a diving club here in Dubai. The wife and I were avid divers in our travels, but haven't been in about 2 years. We need a refresher, and then would like to get back into it here. We are PADI certified advanced drysuit divers. We've been diving world-wide, but never here. I hear there are some good spots here in the UAE. Anyone?

dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 20, 2008
i do some snorkeling in the bath :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Anyone into scuba diving? Mar 20, 2008
dubaidog wrote:I did some research and found that there is a diving club here in Dubai. The wife and I were avid divers in our travels, but haven't been in about 2 years. We need a refresher, and then would like to get back into it here. We are PADI certified advanced drysuit divers. We've been diving world-wide, but never here. I hear there are some good spots here in the UAE. Anyone?

Fujairah is an excellent spot... If I am not wrong, the resort called "Sandy Beach" call them and speak to the Diving Center.

I believe this is the best spot in UAE
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Re: Anyone into scuba diving? Mar 20, 2008
quatroporte wrote:
dubaidog wrote:I did some research and found that there is a diving club here in Dubai. The wife and I were avid divers in our travels, but haven't been in about 2 years. We need a refresher, and then would like to get back into it here. We are PADI certified advanced drysuit divers. We've been diving world-wide, but never here. I hear there are some good spots here in the UAE. Anyone?

Fujairah is an excellent spot... If I am not wrong, the resort called "Sandy Beach" call them and speak to the Diving Center.

I believe this is the best spot in UAE

I was there this exact time last year, but there was stinging plankton that was driving everyone out of the sea. Great little spot though for the weekend.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 20, 2008
I'm a diver (Instructor) and moved here a few months ago. I've been meaning to get out and do some diving and have looked into it a bit - it seems the place to go is Musandam in Oman - accessed from Dibba. It seems like there are a few dive centers there and I'm planning to test them all out over the next few weeks.

If anyone has any other information about any other places nearby please let me know...
snoopy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 20, 2008
snoopy wrote:I'm a diver (Instructor) and moved here a few months ago. I've been meaning to get out and do some diving and have looked into it a bit - it seems the place to go is Musandam in Oman - accessed from Dibba. It seems like there are a few dive centers there and I'm planning to test them all out over the next few weeks.

If anyone has any other information about any other places nearby please let me know...

I am actually going in a few weeks out that way when family arrives from Canada. I'll let you know how it was. I am planing on going by the Desert Dive Club in the next week as well.

MOD: How is this more relevant in expat help vs. general? Why would you move scuba diving, but not the snowboard thread?
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 21, 2008
dubaidog wrote:
snoopy wrote:I'm a diver (Instructor) and moved here a few months ago. I've been meaning to get out and do some diving and have looked into it a bit - it seems the place to go is Musandam in Oman - accessed from Dibba. It seems like there are a few dive centers there and I'm planning to test them all out over the next few weeks.

I am actually going in a few weeks out that way when family arrives from Canada. I'll let you know how it was. I am planing on going by the Desert Dive Club in the next week as well.

MOD: How is this more relevant in expat help vs. general? Why would you move scuba diving, but not the snowboard thread?

You asked a question that was better off being in this section;
I hear there are some good spots here in the UAE. Anyone?

It all comes down to the old adage; "You can't please all of the people all of the time, you can only please some of the people some of the time"
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 21, 2008

yeah... please keep us updated on which is the best spot to dive... so far Thailand was my most favorite diving spot. i miss this place :(

as you mentioned, you need to go to other side (Oman Cost/Indian Ocaean) to have the best diving spots...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 21, 2008
I think the cold waters of the BC coast in Canada were the most spectacular as far as photography goes. I would say that this is my favorite spot, but it is not easy due to the gear requirements. As far as fun-in-the-sun dives, I would have to say Hawaii or Great Barrier Reef, maybe Roatan in Honduras. I am itching to get out here though.

Sage... when I said "anyone"....I meant is anyone interested in going. Not does anyone have advice (although welcome).
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum