God Of War For PSP: BANNED In The UAE.

Topic locked
God of War for PSP: BANNED in the UAE. Mar 17, 2008
Just as you thought the people in the government couldn't get any dumber, they go and outdo themselves and prove us all wrong.
After banning the #1 selling game for PS3 (Call of Duty 4), supposedly for depicting the "killing of islamic soldiers" (wtf is an islamic soldier anyway?),
they've now decided to ban the #1 PSP game, God of War: Chains of Olympus. The reason? the title contains the word God. Before you ask, no I'm not joking.

I could go through the trouble of finding the game online and waiting 2 weeks for it to arrive, but to hell with that, I'm just gonna mod my PSP and download the game. Way to promote piracy, morons.

Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 17, 2008
hey mate... I also wanted to buy the game (I played the Demo version) however as you said... it is banned!!!!

can you please tell us where you could buy it online or get the mods for it?

thank you
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 18, 2008
You can mod your PSP by creating a pandora's battery and following some instructions, no hard-mod needed. There's a good tutorial here: http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=116426
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2008
I have read that they have even banned God of War for the PS2 and the reason was due to some scenes and theories.
I mean some adult scenes in an 18+ game hurts them ......they are so sensitive about this topic but they dont mind underage smoking, prostitution, and stuff like these
:lol: We sure are feeling in your hands :lol:
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 31, 2009
wow man i should have bought it... i saw one in karama center just the other day for 99 AED only. when i got back after 2 days it gone...
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 31, 2009
You can get it in small shops on the ground floor in Al-ain center(aka Computer plaza) in Bur dubai
NoName01
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 15, 2009
NoName01 wrote:You can get it in small shops on the ground floor in Al-ain center(aka Computer plaza) in Bur dubai

Just curious, how do i get to Al-ain Center if I'm staying at the Deira City Centre area? cab, bus, walk? how long is the journey and when is the best time to visit the place?
siegeknife
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 15, 2009
siegeknife wrote:
NoName01 wrote:You can get it in small shops on the ground floor in Al-ain center(aka Computer plaza) in Bur dubai

Just curious, how do i get to Al-ain Center if I'm staying at the Deira City Centre area? cab, bus, walk? how long is the journey and when is the best time to visit the place?

Dont know the Bus no....Get a cab and tell the driver to take you near khaleej center(Al-ain center is right opposite of khaleej center) ...the journey wont take more than 20-25mins depends on traffic though......best time would be 5PM-9PM...and bargain on the price :)

Regards
Shakeeb
NoName01
Dubai Forums Member

Re: God Of War For PSP: BANNED In The UAE. May 25, 2014
Medvezhonok ,That's really stupid decision but you can download god of war online who know what you are playing on your home. hehe..
clixsense
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk