Horse Riding In Dubai

Topic locked
Horse Riding in Dubai Jan 15, 2008
I am moving from Australia to Dubai in March. (Living in Mirdif) Looking at joining an Equestrian Centre and start riding again. Is anyone here a member of any of the centres listed in the below topic? Just looking to see what places are best. Are you able to lease horses or is it best to buy a horse there etc etc
Any insight appreciated

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.ph ... rse+riding

Thanks

Nicky

NickyB83
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 18, 2008
anybody???????
NickyB83
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 18, 2008
:)
NickyB83
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 18, 2008
Arabian Ranches has a riding school up there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 21, 2008
Dubai Equestrian Centre
tel :04 884 51 01
registration fee for 1 year: 120 aed
10 classes: 1000 aed
anechkina
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 22, 2008
anechkina wrote:Dubai Equestrian Centre
tel :04 884 51 01
registration fee for 1 year: 120 aed
10 classes: 1000 aed

Thanks :D I have info on all of the centres but I would like to get peoples opinions who might be a member or have been to any of the centres?

Thanks again
NickyB83
Dubai Forum Visitor

horse-riding in Dubai Jan 23, 2008
Hi Nikky, just wanted to let you know that I just visited the Arabian Ranches Equestrian Center, to inquire about leasing/lessons etc...... the facility itself is pretty good. They have about 20 horses available to lease right now, and they range from 3000-5000 dirhams a month depending on whether you want a jumping/endurance/lesson horse etc....This money includes absolutely everything from food to stables to farriers. The only thing you have to pay on top of that, is if the horse is injured due to you riding 'inappropriately'. If it gets colic etc, they will pay for the vet bills, however if he hurts his leg because you tried to jump him too high, you have to pay.....other than that everything is covered and you can ride whenever you like. You get a discount if you are leasing and want lessons or want to go on a desert ride etc. They have group lessons or private lessons, and are pretty reasonably priced (compared to Australia anyway).......the stables are all air conditioned and are pretty nice. It's a huge facility with two big arenas, and probably around 200 stables......I haven't had a lesson there, just went the other day myself to inquire........ Before leasing,they recommend that you have a few lessons on different horses to see which one you like........that's the only equestrian center I've seen so far, but will probably look into some more next week....hope this helps :)
carly993
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: horse-riding in Dubai Jan 24, 2008
carly993 wrote:Hi Nikky, just wanted to let you know that I just visited the Arabian Ranches Equestrian Center, to inquire about leasing/lessons etc...... the facility itself is pretty good. They have about 20 horses available to lease right now, and they range from 3000-5000 dirhams a month depending on whether you want a jumping/endurance/lesson horse etc....This money includes absolutely everything from food to stables to farriers. The only thing you have to pay on top of that, is if the horse is injured due to you riding 'inappropriately'. If it gets colic etc, they will pay for the vet bills, however if he hurts his leg because you tried to jump him too high, you have to pay.....other than that everything is covered and you can ride whenever you like. You get a discount if you are leasing and want lessons or want to go on a desert ride etc. They have group lessons or private lessons, and are pretty reasonably priced (compared to Australia anyway).......the stables are all air conditioned and are pretty nice. It's a huge facility with two big arenas, and probably around 200 stables......I haven't had a lesson there, just went the other day myself to inquire........ Before leasing,they recommend that you have a few lessons on different horses to see which one you like........that's the only equestrian center I've seen so far, but will probably look into some more next week....hope this helps :)

Thank you that is exactly the kind of info i was looking for:-) I will deff go check this place out once i arrive and get settled, i need a hobby as my partner will be off riding his bikes etc etc so can't wait to get back into riding.
NickyB83
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 02, 2008
Hey nicky.

I ride at the Polo and equestrian club at the arabian ranches and its amazing. Theres a friendly atmosphere up there and it is reasonable priced. They have a website which is http://www.poloclubdubai.com/ so check it out if you havnt already and then you can see pictures of the stables and a price list of lessons etc..

I hope you this is useful to you and you find somewhere to ride.
Little Miss H
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 04, 2008
Hey Nicki,

give us a call when you're here: Mushrif Equestrian Club in Mushrif park (biggest desert park in dubai and 5 min from Mirdif). We offer treks, riding lessons, horses for sale and lease...
Sara: Edited or email: Lmimosa13@hotmail.com
Lmimosa13
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum