Traffic Snarls In Dubai Today...

Topic locked
Traffic Snarls in Dubai today... Jan 13, 2008
His Supreme Majesty the Emperor of the Planet Earth is visiting Dubai today and thus all traffic has come to a standstill in anticipation. It took my 2 1/2 freakin hours to get to work today

Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Traffic Snarls in Dubai today... Jan 13, 2008
Dubaidude007 wrote:His Supreme Majesty the Emperor of the Planet Earth is visiting Dubai today and thus all traffic has come to a standstill in anticipation. It took my 2 1/2 freakin hours to get to work today

I thought he was visiting Abu Dhabi and *may* be visiting Dubai - therefore the RTA took it upon themselves to block off all service roads on Sheikh Zayed Road.

They really are a bunch of *****.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

^ian^ wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:His Supreme Majesty the Emperor of the Planet Earth is visiting Dubai today and thus all traffic has come to a standstill in anticipation. It took my 2 1/2 freakin hours to get to work today

I thought he was visiting Abu Dhabi and *may* be visiting Dubai - therefore the RTA took it upon themselves to block off all service roads on Sheikh Zayed Road.

They really are a bunch of *****.

Its not only Shiek Zayed road even bur dubai is blocked.. from burdubai to trade centre took 3 hrs... phew..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 13, 2008
Seriously... the guy running the RTA has his head in the clouds (and somewhere else too). Were Dubai a democracy and such a thing as freedom of the press existed, he would be toasted by the media for his failings.

Just because he is linked to one of the biggest Automotive Families in the region doesn't mean he knows banana about what it takes to run a transport system.
^ian^

Dubaidude007 wrote:His Supreme Majesty the Emperor of the Planet Earth is visiting Dubai today...

Lol!
Yeah it does seem that way...
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Jan 13, 2008
^ian^ wrote:Just because he is linked to one of the biggest Automotive Families in the region doesn't mean he knows banana about what it takes to run a transport system.

Careful Ian, or you might find yourself picking bananas for the rest of your days...
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Jan 13, 2008
burton wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Just because he is linked to one of the biggest Automotive Families in the region doesn't mean he knows banana about what it takes to run a transport system.

Careful Ian, or you might find yourself picking bananas for the rest of your days...

Haha, you should see what people say about him on other forums.

What I have said is nothing. Added to that, I think we need to get over the idea anyone of any importance visits these forums.
^ian^

Jan 13, 2008
yeah, szr was crazy, first time i came out of safa that already there was gridlock going to deira coming out of the turn
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 13, 2008
^ian^ wrote:Seriously... the guy running the RTA has his head in the clouds (and somewhere else too). Were Dubai a democracy and such a thing as freedom of the press existed, he would be toasted by the media for his failings.

Just because he is linked to one of the biggest Automotive Families in the region doesn't mean he knows banana about what it takes to run a transport system.

Ian, who told u that it was this guy's job to run the Dubai Transport System?

His job is to use the transport system and its problems to make money for the Dubai Government. And he is doing an admirable job at that.
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 13, 2008
Dubaidude007 wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Seriously... the guy running the RTA has his head in the clouds (and somewhere else too). Were Dubai a democracy and such a thing as freedom of the press existed, he would be toasted by the media for his failings.

His job is to use the transport system and its problems to make money for the Dubai Government. And he is doing an admirable job at that.

He didn't do so well with the 'Luxury Water Taxis'.
^ian^

Jan 13, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

Sunk without trace...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 13, 2008
Call Desmond Rodrigues at RTA...I am sure he will appreciate it!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 13, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

Sunk without trace...

Knight

I wonder who floated the idea in the first place?
^ian^

Jan 13, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

Sunk without trace...

Knight

I know...but not telling!

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 13, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

Sunk without trace...

Knight

I know...but not telling!

:D :D :D

Knight

Desmond Roedigues?

The luxury water taxis was a swell idea :roll:
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 13, 2008
No need to worry about the traffic tomorrow, now that it's been declared a "Public Holiday"
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat