Dubai Drivers License

Topic locked
dubai drivers license Jan 12, 2008
Can anyone advise as to the process for applying for dubai drivers license, ie how long it takes, where to go to get it etc? I have british license and am coming over next week to work so need to know how long befoe i can legally drive, cheers.

duncheski
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 13, 2008
http://www.dubai.ae/en.portal?topic,dri ... Label=home

This should answer all your questions !!... you shouldnt have any problems since you can easily convert your Brit license
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 14, 2008
If you have UK passport and UK licence, should be no problem - but usually you need residence visa first. This information may also be useful - Dubai driving licence.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

UAE drivers' licence Jan 15, 2008
You can get a temporary drivers' licence if you are here in a visitor's visa or a full 10 year licence with a residence visa.

It takes a couple of hours, 4 passport photos - which they can take for you, and around 200 Dirham.

Sorted!
gtorbet
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

NOC Apr 09, 2008
My wife just tried to get a permanent license now that she has a residency permit.

They said that starting a week ago, applicants are required to bring in a letter of no complaint (NOC) from your employeer.

They wouldn't issue her one without such a letter, even though there was no such thing just two weeks ago.

She has had a complete nightmare at that office. Like some other government services offices, they don't have any ticket machines so if you show up at the wrong time, you will spend hours fighting withing other people to try to get to the front to be served. Only of course to be told you are missing a piece of paper that nobody knows about.
stevew1
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: NOC Apr 10, 2008
stevew1 wrote:My wife just tried to get a permanent license now that she has a residency permit.

They said that starting a week ago, applicants are required to bring in a letter of no complaint (NOC) from your employeer.

They wouldn't issue her one without such a letter, even though there was no such thing just two weeks ago.

She has had a complete nightmare at that office. Like some other government services offices, they don't have any ticket machines so if you show up at the wrong time, you will spend hours fighting withing other people to try to get to the front to be served. Only of course to be told you are missing a piece of paper that nobody knows about.

hmmm not sure where she went but was this in Dubai? If its in Dubai tell her to go to the Bur Dubai police station which is strangely on sheikh zayed road near the Tasjeel. Probably on the 3rd or the 4th interchange. its usually quiet there no LONG ques so you wont need to argue with anyone :P. it really depends on the mood of the officer on the counter. if she smiles alot he probably wont ask for a NOC, or they might. If they do ask for NOC just ask the employer of ur wifey and they should issue it. if she dont have a employer and is a house wife then i think u need to get a NOC from the sponsor.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto