Are There Lots Of Syrians/Lebanese In Dubai?

Topic locked
Are there lots of Syrians/Lebanese in Dubai? Jan 02, 2008
Hello,

I am Syrian and living in the US currently and I was wondering if there are a lot of young Syrians/Lebanese working/living in Dubai currently. One of the things I would like about living in Dubai is to interact more with people from my culture since Dubai is closer to the ME and there are probably more Arabs there than in isolated areas of the US ; ). I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question?

Truthy
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Are there lots of Syrians/Lebanese in Dubai? Jan 02, 2008
Truthy wrote:Hello,

I was wondering if there are a lot of young Syrians/Lebanese working/living in Dubai

Literally ...hordes of them here......buddy... :lol: :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 15, 2008
hundreds of thousands
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 15, 2008
yup,, got a haircut from a syrian yesterday in fact,, great guy :)
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 15, 2008
and my landlord is lebanese
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Are there lots of Syrians/Lebanese in Dubai? Jan 15, 2008
Truthy wrote:Hello,

I am Syrian and living in the US currently and I was wondering if there are a lot of young Syrians/Lebanese working/living in Dubai currently. One of the things I would like about living in Dubai is to interact more with people from my culture since Dubai is closer to the ME and there are probably more Arabs there than in isolated areas of the US ; ). I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question?

I don't know but I know that Dubai is in the ME.

Actually there are many many Syrians/Lebanese in Dubai (actually too many of one of those...)
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 15, 2008
Millions of them :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 17, 2008
These loads of them, however many of the Lebanese living in the UAE, are unlike those actually living in Lebanon, there they are friendly, down to earth and really nice. In the UAE many have become spoilt, money obessed skirt chasing loonies, hence the term 'Lebansleazy'!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 17, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:These loads of them, however many of the Lebanese living in the UAE, are unlike those actually living in Lebanon, there they are friendly, down to earth and really nice. In the UAE many have become spoilt, money obessed skirt chasing loonies, hence the term 'Lebansleazy'!

I thought nobody notice it...... :o
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 17, 2008
So many you can get 2 for the price of 1.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 17, 2008
Meh, Syros/Lebs in the US aren't any better. In fact, they're probably worse on every level. Many of them have abandoned their culture and identity and don't even recognize their heritage anymore.
Truthy
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 18, 2008
I think that's really sad. Have you noticed, they can't just be Lebanese anymore, they always have to be Lebanese/something.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum