Before You Move To Dubai You Need To Consider The Following:

Topic locked
Before you move to Dubai you need to consider the following: Dec 25, 2007
Dubai has changed a lot and it has been transformed to a western like place. This place is pro westerners and has many of them. However, this is an Arab country and it still has some things that are not acceptable to some of the westerners so try to give your self a quick course about the culture and the people there. In general, the people here are very nice, just be a ware of the following:
1. Avoid using offensive words like the “F” word and a like.
2. Stay way from local girls. Arab men are very protective of their women. Looking at a local woman for more than a few seconds could instigate a fight.
3. Driving in Dubai is just as bad as driving in NYC or may be worst.
4. When you shop, bargain, bargain and bargain some more. If you speak any language other than Arabic, NEVER pay more than a 1/3 of the price told.
5. Never use their phones to call or receive calls from overseas. Get prepaid or SMS phone cards from http://allin1traveldeals.pushline.com
6. Try to make friends with the locals. There’s a lot of exciting things to learn about this culture.
7. Finally, use your instincts and stay away from anything that sounds too good to be true.

Best of Luck!

Mirage

malsarheed
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Dec 25, 2007
Hi there

Thanks for your advice.

Where are you from?
rajni80
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 25, 2007
Falafel? :shock:
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Before you move to Dubai you need to consider the follow Dec 25, 2007
malsarheed wrote:Dubai has changed a lot and it has been transformed to a western like place. This place is pro westerners and has many of them. However, this is an Arab country and it still has some things that are not acceptable to some of the westerners so try to give your self a quick course about the culture and the people there. In general, the people here are very nice, just be a ware of the following:
1. Avoid using offensive words like the “F” word and a like.
2. Stay way from local girls. Arab men are very protective of their women. Looking at a local woman for more than a few seconds could instigate a fight.
3. Driving in Dubai is just as bad as driving in NYC or may be worst.
4. When you shop, bargain, bargain and bargain some more. If you speak any language other than Arabic, NEVER pay more than a 1/3 of the price told.
5. Never use their phones to call or receive calls from overseas. Get prepaid or SMS phone cards from http://allin1traveldeals.pushline.com
6. Try to make friends with the locals. There’s a lot of exciting things to learn about this culture.
7. Finally, use your instincts and stay away from anything that sounds too good to be true.

Best of Luck!

Mirage

Though not comprehensive enough...you could print that as flyers or used in a pre-landing seminar for newbies......lol
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 25, 2007
There is far more advice available than this...check out the search function on this here forum!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 25, 2007
I think he just wanted a creative way to post that link.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 25, 2007
good advice i guess

i think you should avoid saying the f word to anyone anyways, right? i dont think anybody would reply "Thank you" with a smile.

:D
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 25, 2007
gtmash wrote:I think he just wanted a creative way to post that link.

creative and sneaky :?:

mel
miss_mel
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai