Does Anyone Here Work For Emirates Airline?

Topic locked
Does anyone here work for Emirates Airline? Dec 09, 2007
Hi if you work for this airline or any other airline please give me details on work environment. Do they pay pretty well? How long is the hiring process? I am going to Dubai early 2008 like Jan or Feb with my husband. He has a job there and will be my sponsor. So I will have a residence visa.

canadiangal75
Dubai Forum User

Dec 11, 2007
What sorta job are ya looking for with the arilines? have you approached them before?have u been shortlisted? or rather did you have any interview rounds with them?

From what i know theres a long selection process, one of my friends went through three interviews over a period of three months, was shortlisted, and the selected. there were final 6 in the group, dunno how many made through. But after working for a couple of years she got really fed up and has quit.

reasons - erratic working hours, once you start flying at times being away for 7-8 days, jumping from one city to other, bodys biological clock doesnt get time to adjust. If u like a highflying job and able to cope up with the pressure i guess that will be the place for you.

Now if you are looking for a ground job, thn i dont know how it works :) someone else will have to fill in the details there.

cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Does anyone here work for Emirates Airline? Dec 11, 2007
canadiangal75 wrote:Hi if you work for this airline or any other airline please give me details on work environment. Do they pay pretty well? How long is the hiring process? I am going to Dubai early 2008 like Jan or Feb with my husband. He has a job there and will be my sponsor. So I will have a residence visa.

Canadian angel - My wife and I are in a similar position to you. We are due to fly out there from UK in mid Jan, I have a job lined up and will sponsor my wife enabling her to work. She is also looking at the emirates, possibly something in sales/marketing/management. She hasn't heard back from them since she applied about a month ago, heard it can be a long process though. Maybe worth looking at other options as well.
Good luck with ur move.
duncheski
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 12, 2007
I am looking for a ground job as I have motion sickness and would not do well as a flight attendant :) I am working in aviation here in Canada and have worked for 2 different airlines in the past. I think I will apply to start the ball rolling. I figure they might wait until you are actually there to contact you.

For the couple from the UK, when did they tell you your wife can come? We got 2 different answers, one said anytime and the other said about 1 month after my husband gets there... Anyone?
canadiangal75
Dubai Forum User

Dec 12, 2007
i guess u must have already checked this but icase u haventgive it a shot

http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/

and all the best with ur hunt, since you have experience within the industry it might help, u can give a try with etihad and the no frills air arabia :)

Cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 12, 2007
canadiangal75 wrote:I am looking for a ground job as I have motion sickness and would not do well as a flight attendant :) I am working in aviation here in Canada and have worked for 2 different airlines in the past. I think I will apply to start the ball rolling. I figure they might wait until you are actually there to contact you.

For the couple from the UK, when did they tell you your wife can come? We got 2 different answers, one said anytime and the other said about 1 month after my husband gets there... Anyone?

My employers didn't say anything about my wife coming a month later. They said they would process my wife's visa at same time as mine - usually takes a few weeks to process.
duncheski
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 12, 2007
my understanding is that they can process both visas at same time if both going to work for them, however if wife coming out on back of husbands visa then she can come out on a visitors visa at same time but the residence visa will follow 21-25 days later
axlenoyl
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 12, 2007
Thank you. It's what I figured for the visa. There is a fee involved in swapping your visitor visa to resident. Also, is a one way flight a problem with a visitor visa?
canadiangal75
Dubai Forum User

Dec 12, 2007
One way ticket not a problem as I understand it
axlenoyl
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 12, 2007
There is a fee involved but this varies, seems a visitor renewal is 500dhs whereas a residence visa is quoted previously as 10000 dhs
axlenoyl
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 12, 2007
axlenoyl wrote:There is a fee involved but this varies, seems a visitor renewal is 500dhs whereas a residence visa is quoted previously as 10000 dhs

Employer pays for residence visa. Even if you get a residence "investor" visa from a property developer, they still don't ask for 10k in fees from individuals.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 12, 2007
seems to be a lot of different information and figures quoted
axlenoyl
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 12, 2007
His employer is paying for my residence visa. if it's about 20 days after he is there, that will work as I will be leaving around then. I still have to sell everything here in order not to pay Canadian income taxes on our Dubai tax-free money!
canadiangal75
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum