Drugs In Dubai

Topic locked
Dec 06, 2007
aa88 wrote:i dont really see why everyone has such a big issue on two blokes smoking a bit of hash, i don't see how it particularly effects you, unless they're breaking into your room when they're stoned or something. all you get is a smell. i'm sure you don't follow the law to the letter so why not leave these guys be, they're not on skag or anything are they....

Until they get busted and sent to jail, and you with them.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 06, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
aa88 wrote:i dont really see why everyone has such a big issue on two blokes smoking a bit of hash, i don't see how it particularly effects you, unless they're breaking into your room when they're stoned or something. all you get is a smell. i'm sure you don't follow the law to the letter so why not leave these guys be, they're not on skag or anything are they....

You really are a pessimist.
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 06, 2007
gezza wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

You really are a pessimist.

For casual things like drinking or bringing a dildo in... I am pretty sure things will be fine. However, most of the people selling drugs here are also informants for the police... sooner or later drug users get caught, and they go to jail, and if you happen to be there when they raid... so will you.
^ian^

Dec 06, 2007
I have to agree with you there!
The law is here for a reason....

Your still a pessimist though! :shock:
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 06, 2007
why would you go to jail for two people who live down the hall smoking hash...?
aa88
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 06, 2007
aa88 wrote:why would you go to jail for two people who live down the hall smoking hash...?

They can be funny gits out here mate
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 06, 2007
HP wrote:Sage og Onion also makes his living by selling drugs to school kids.

source --Concord , Dubai forums news , Dubai , UAE

Listen you ignoramus, you can make your stupid attempts at being funny at my expense whenever you like, however when you want to make this kind of allegation, you better be able to back it up with facts, better still don't mention my handle anywhere.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 06, 2007
it gets quite heated on these things, doesn't it?
aa88
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 06, 2007
its because its a big deal, would you want to go to jail because your flat mate was an idiot who decided not to follow the law...plus the guy is most likely an expat from a less than desirable country...no offense to the OP, but anyone who has been here long enough knows how things work.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 06, 2007
i'm still getting my head around going to jail for something i'm not connected with, although i think i might've misunderstood; i thought that these guys were just living in the same building as him, not in the same house/flat.
i also think that you'd be hard pushed to find anyone, in any country, who follows all aspects of the law all the time, and in terms of that it's a case of personal priorities to decide which laws you think serve a purpose, which you can get away with breaking, which are worth being caught for ect...
aa88
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 07, 2007
Not sure it's worth getting caught with drugs.

You may get lashed.
You will go to gaol.
You will get anally raped in gaol (apparently big problem).
You will then be deported.

Or... you could just leave the drugs alone.
^ian^

Dec 07, 2007
don't get me wrong, i'm not disagreeing with you, i wasn't saying it is worth it. my only point was that we all decide at some points that certain laws arn't worth us following at that time, smoking where we shouldn't, driving to fast, parking in the wrong place. I just meant that if these two blokes have decided that getting stoned is worth not following that particular law, it's not a reason to brand them the scum of the earth.
aa88
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 07, 2007
^ian^ wrote:Not sure it's worth getting caught with drugs.

You may get lashed.
You will go to gaol.
You will get anally raped in gaol (apparently big problem).
You will then be deported.

Or... you could just leave the drugs alone.

I think anal-raping is discouraged in prisons here. It probably leads to new charges if it happens.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 08, 2007
kool_benson wrote:Hello Guys,,
i need some of your help i am here in Dubai from 1 year and i found that her Alchol is very much common but the other Drugs. (CHARAS). are not allowed... but i found two guys who are living with us in our office accomandation getting those drugs... GOD knows from where and when i complained to the office management they were unable to take any serious action so can you guys help me out to tell me whom should i contact to stop these guys infact they came to know that i told the management and a i know they will go for worst to take the revenge of insult infront of the management.

i will be very thankful to all of u

no wonder you gots a rat as your avatar ... you ###### 2 dollar snitch .. and your ##### should be sent to jail for havin that fake #### mentality .. what they aint sharing their product with you? hmmm that got you going all #### like this ..

to me a fool thats drunk is more likely to do somethin stupid then a guy whose high of weed or hash .. its about time they make those things legal ..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 08, 2007
###Edited###
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat