Visa Run To Oman With Polish Passport

Topic locked
Visa Run to Oman with Polish passport Nov 23, 2007
Dear all,

I have been studying this forum and the internet for a long time but I could'nt get the answer for my problem, so I appreciate any help very very much!!

My partner has a Polish passport and will live together with me in Dubai next year (I am German, male, and will get a residency visa from my employer). I will request a visit visa for her, and she will have to make a visa run every 3 months.

Is it possible to apply for a new visit visa while she still is in Dubai (before it has expired after 3 months) and make a visa run by car to Oman then?

When making the visa run to Oman, don't we need an additional visa to enter Oman?

Many many thanks in advance...this visa problem is driving me crazy...

visitor0815
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 24, 2007
Apparntley you can go to an area in Bur dubai and get a stamp on your visitor visa which gives you an additional month.
p.m me if you want to know where it is and i will ask for directions for you.

also Im doing a visa run....but have no visa for oman.
I dont think its necessar because my wifes employer is setting me up for a run but hasnt mentioned a visa for oman..and shes been doing this years.

Maybe ask a travel agent?
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 24, 2007
Be careful, sometimes they can flatout refuse your visa during a visa run if they see you're making a habit out of it.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 24, 2007
dubai to hatta 1 hr
at oman border you must pay for an oman visa 30dhs I think this takes 1 hour
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 25, 2007
Does this mean she can make a visa run to Oman although Poland doesn't belong to the privileged 35 countries (visa on arrival is not possible for them), assumed we can apply for a new visit visa before she 's leaving the country (To be able to re-enter Dubai on the same day even thoug visa on arrival is not possible)?
visitor0815
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 25, 2007
visitor0815 wrote:Does this mean she can make a visa run to Oman although Poland doesn't belong to the privileged 35 countries (visa on arrival is not possible for them), assumed we can apply for a new visit visa before she 's leaving the country (To be able to re-enter Dubai on the same day even thoug visa on arrival is not possible)?

If you have a UAE residence visa, you can get an Oman visit visa at the border. Don't know about UAE visit visa though.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 25, 2007
If you have to pre-apply for the visa, then I guess you will have to do that.

They are clamping down on the visa runs now, you can only do it a maximum of 3 times, before they'll refuse it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum