Renewing Visit Visa.

Topic locked
Renewing visit visa. Nov 16, 2007
Hello.

Im currently in dubai on a visit visa, but i need to renew it in about 3 weeks. Im planning to do a visa run, but what is the easiest way of doing this? Is there any companies that drive buses from dubai to oman and back again? or is it taking a flight somewhere thats the cheapest option?

And may i face any problems from exiting on a visit visa just to renew it into a new visit visa and not to a rescidence or work visa? I dont want to get stuck in Oman...

node88
Dubai Forum User

Nov 20, 2007
Please, isnt there anyone who knows anything about this? Ive been reading up about it but i cant find the answer to my question. Is it possible to reenter UAE and get a new visit visa immidiatly or not? Or do i have to be out of the country for a while before being allowed to enter again?

Please, I need to know this, I cant risk getting stranded on Kish island or in Oman.
node88
Dubai Forum User

Nov 20, 2007
hello mate.
a friend of mine does this run every 60 days.
I myself will have to do this.

Apparantley you can get a taxi to the border.
hang around for an hour and return.
a good idea is to make a weekend of it.

I can get more detailed info if you want.just pm me.

p.s...like the username
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 20, 2007
gezza wrote:hello mate.

p.s...like the username

Why take a taxi (for a thousand bucks)? A bus goes to Oman for 90 bucks both ways. The company is located somewhere near Clock Tower in Deira. The people in the area should know the location.

Others go to Kish Island by plane for less that 500 bucks. Many services for that too. They advertise in local classifieds, or ask your local travel agent.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 21, 2007
gtmash wrote:

p.s...like the username

Why take a taxi (for a thousand bucks)? A bus goes to Oman for 90 bucks both ways. The company is located somewhere near Clock Tower in Deira. The people in the area should know the location.

Others go to Kish Island by plane for less that 500 bucks. Many services for that too. They advertise in local classifieds, or ask your local travel agent.

good advice.
ta
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 26, 2007
gtmash wrote:

p.s...like the username

Thanks! I went there today n after hours of searching i finally found the damn place. Well, its worth the time though since ill save a lot from taking the bus instead of goin to kish. The only thing that worries me is that there might be different visa rules if i enter from land. But i suppose ill find out, and worse case is that i have to take a flight back from muscat. But if anyone have any info on that id be more than happy if u cud share it.
node88
Dubai Forum User

Nov 26, 2007
keep me informed mate :D
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 26, 2007
gtmash wrote:Why take a taxi (for a thousand bucks)?

A thousand bucks? What????

You drive to the Oman border, get your exit stamp from the UAE portakabin (there are no instructions up on signs but stop at one that says Hatta Border Post or something similar), go to the Oman car inspection area, drive on to the Oman border, get out and go in to the building where you start in the left queue and work your way right and then drive over the border and do a U-turn.

It's not "simple" but not horrendous either.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 27, 2007
node88 wrote:
gtmash wrote:

p.s...like the username

Thanks! I went there today n after hours of searching i finally found the damn place. Well, its worth the time though since ill save a lot from taking the bus instead of goin to kish. The only thing that worries me is that there might be different visa rules if i enter from land. But i suppose ill find out, and worse case is that i have to take a flight back from muscat. But if anyone have any info on that id be more than happy if u cud share it.

So where is the place? Others might want to know.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 30, 2007
I went this wednesday and everything went great.

The busstation or wtv to call it is behind the Dnata building close to Deira clock tower. I had trouble finding it cause its not really a busstation its just a road where the buses park and there wasnt ne buses there when i was looking for the place. Anyways, I took the 07.00 bus and arrived at the border at around 9, the exit visa, customs and oman entryvisa process took about an hour in total. I arrived to Muscat at around 12.30. The bus back left at 15.45 and I arrived to Dubai around 21.00.

There was no problems at all, and a cheap alternative to taking a flight to Kish. The bus there and back again cost me 90dhs and the oman visa 60dhs. So a total of 150dhs.
node88
Dubai Forum User

Nov 30, 2007
node88 wrote:I went this wednesday and everything went great.

The busstation or wtv to call it is behind the Dnata building close to Deira clock tower. I had trouble finding it cause its not really a busstation its just a road where the buses park and there wasnt ne buses there when i was looking for the place. Anyways, I took the 07.00 bus and arrived at the border at around 9, the exit visa, customs and oman entryvisa process took about an hour in total. I arrived to Muscat at around 12.30. The bus back left at 15.45 and I arrived to Dubai around 21.00.

There was no problems at all, and a cheap alternative to taking a flight to Kish. The bus there and back again cost me 90dhs and the oman visa 60dhs. So a total of 150dhs.

Glad you found the place. Scot, obviously node88 hinted that he doesn't have a car (considering his visit visa status). A taxi to Oman would be prohibitively expensive.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 03, 2007
node88 wrote:I went this wednesday and everything went great.

nice one mate.
youve eased my fears!
good luck.
gez
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 03, 2007
You can renew for another 60 days without having to go to oman as mine runs out in a few days and ive just renewed it, u can only renew it once i fink.................
emmas
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 03, 2007
emmas wrote:You can renew for another 60 days without having to go to oman as mine runs out in a few days and ive just renewed it, u can only renew it once i fink.................

true.
In bur dubai!
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 03, 2007
emmas wrote:You can renew for another 60 days without having to go to oman as mine runs out in a few days and ive just renewed it, u can only renew it once i fink.................

At a cost of Dhs. 500.00 I believe, please elaborate.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 03, 2007
Okay so I renewed my visit visa at Dubai Naturalization. But you can only renew for 30 days and it cost 550AED.

Doing a visa run to Oman tomorrow. Will keep you posted on how that goes!!
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 03, 2007
According to the DNRD website, you can renew a visit visa twice for 60 days at a time, by payment of 100 dhs renewal fee + 100 dhs mandatory urgent processing fee.

One time renewal before expiry of visit visa costs 500 dhs at DNRD, without leaving the UAE.
Leave and return to the UAE with a new visa.
If you find a job, change visit visa to employment visa for 1100 dhs in Dubai without leaving the UAE. Or leave the UAE and return on employment visa - cost will be 600 dhs for visa and processing.
Note that Tourist Visas (from eg hotels) are not the same as Visit Visas, and are not renewable.
If a visit visa is not renewed after 60 days, then you may have to leave the country for at least a month before obtaining a new one. However, that information appears to be inaccurate as there are large numbers of residents, er "visitors" that renew their visas frequently by doing visa runs with a return to the UAE on the same day as their exit.
emmas
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 04, 2007
English Girlie wrote:Okay so I renewed my visit visa at Dubai Naturalization. But you can only renew for 30 days and it cost 550AED.

Doing a visa run to Oman tomorrow. Will keep you posted on how that goes!!

I thought your company would give you your visa by now.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 08, 2007
So, did the Hatta run this week.

Got a driver, whom has done it many times before. 400AED per trip. Maximum of 3 passengers.

Left Dubai at 6pm got to Hatta about 7.30pm.

Got exit stamp from UAE - porter cabin that be easily missed, I feel.

Then to Oman border filled in entry form, easy.... paid 60AED per person.

Walked outside the building, round the corner and got an exit stamp from Oman.

Drove two minutes back to towards UAE border, got entry stamp, no moneies. 60 days 'visit visa' renewed!!

Stopped off at Hatta Fort for a beer.

Back to Dubai by 11.30pm

Easy, Easy.... because we went with someone that knew the way and knew the system!!

He is happy for me to pass on his number. PM if you need it!!
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 08, 2007
English Girlie wrote:So, did the Hatta run this week.

Got a driver, whom has done it many times before. 400AED per trip. Maximum of 3 passengers.

Left Dubai at 6pm got to Hatta about 7.30pm.

Got exit stamp from UAE - porter cabin that be easily missed, I feel.

Then to Oman border filled in entry form, easy.... paid 60AED per person.

Walked outside the building, round the corner and got an exit stamp from Oman.

Drove two minutes back to towards UAE border, got entry stamp, no moneies. 60 days 'visit visa' renewed!!

Stopped off at Hatta Fort for a beer.

Back to Dubai by 11.30pm

Easy, Easy.... because we went with someone that knew the way and knew the system!!

He is happy for me to pass on his number. PM if you need it!!

I think your detailed info is good enough for most peeps to do it on their own. But Dhs 400 for a car is a good deal too.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 08, 2007
gtmash wrote:
I think your detailed info is good enough for most peeps to do it on their own. But Dhs 400 for a car is a good deal too.

English Girlie is not great with names..... but knows how to negotiate a good deal!! :wink:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum