Place To Live For Young Expats

Topic locked
Place to live for young expats Nov 05, 2007
Hey everyone,
Im a 25 yo american soon to be expat arriving in Jan. I would like to know where there are a lot of people of similar age group/ situation. I am working in the Green community and I want to find a place that is an easy drive. If possible it would be nice to have sea views, balcony etc. Can it be done for less than 6500dhm/month? I can share a flat if needed. By the way, if anyone else is new to the area and wants to grab a drink/ coffee, or if you are looking for a roommate, let me know.
Thanks

maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Place to live for young expats Nov 06, 2007
maximusprime wrote:Hey everyone,
Im a 25 yo american soon to be expat arriving in Jan. I would like to know where there are a lot of people of similar age group/ situation. I am working in the Green community and I want to find a place that is an easy drive. If possible it would be nice to have sea views, balcony etc. Can it be done for less than 6500dhm/month? I can share a flat if needed. By the way, if anyone else is new to the area and wants to grab a drink/ coffee, or if you are looking for a roommate, let me know.
Thanks

Jumeirah Beach Residence will be your best bet for "sea views" also the shorline apartment at the "Palm Jumeirah".

for 78,000 per year (6500/month) you will not get your own place except maybe a studio somewhere nice.

At your age and if single the best way is to share accomodation with others. Check out the accomodation forum here or go to www.dubizzle.com

Good luck.

p.s. In most cases you have to pay a year's rent up front! Sometimes 2 checks (post dated) but you should plan on up-front cash payout. So be ready and start looking yesterday!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 06, 2007
Thanks Concord. The company I am working for has agreed to cough up the money up front and take it out of my check each week so that part is taken care of. Im a little nervous about getting into an agreement while Im still in the US. I will have a free hotel room for a month when I arrive, is that enough time to find a place?
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 07, 2007
plenty of time, there are heaps of shared flats out there.
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 08, 2007
-
Mark Harris
Dubai Forum User

Nov 08, 2007
maximusprime wrote:Thanks Concord. The company I am working for has agreed to cough up the money up front and take it out of my check each week so that part is taken care of. Im a little nervous about getting into an agreement while Im still in the US. I will have a free hotel room for a month when I arrive, is that enough time to find a place?

Hi!

What will you be doing in Dubai? Your situation sounds exactly the same as mine in that I have 1 month in hotel/apartment arranged by employer (Nuran al Majara in Marina) then will look to share for around the same price. When you move over? I'll be there next thursday... EEK!!
Mark Harris
Dubai Forum User

Nov 08, 2007
Mark Harris wrote:
maximusprime wrote:Thanks Concord. The company I am working for has agreed to cough up the money up front and take it out of my check each week so that part is taken care of. Im a little nervous about getting into an agreement while Im still in the US. I will have a free hotel room for a month when I arrive, is that enough time to find a place?

Hi!

What will you be doing in Dubai? Your situation sounds exactly the same as mine in that I have 1 month in hotel/apartment arranged by employer (Nuran al Majara in Marina) then will look to share for around the same price. When you move over? I'll be there next thursday... EEK!!

Hey Mark,
I think I talked to you about hvac on another thread. I am an engineer and I'll be doing hvac on high rises with burt hill in the green community. Im not sure how far of a drive it is from the marina to where I work but I figure if Im going to move there I might as well enjoy myself. I'll be there Jan 10. So far it looks like JBR is the way to go, you can get a flat with some roommaes for around 5000AED/mo each. Did you get a decent package from Nuran? let me know how you like it when you get there.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum