Anyone In Dubai Into Trading Card Games Or Board Games?

Topic locked
Anyone in Dubai into trading card games or board games? Oct 06, 2007
Trading card games like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic: The Gathering, and others like that. Board games like Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, and other similar games.

I was going to setup a sort of group on Meetup.com where other card and board game players could get together each week in Dubai and play a couple of games or something. But since Meetup.com is blocked, I thought I'd ask here instead.

I'm still interested in making a group of some sort. Would anyone be interested in this?

BeastFromTheEast
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 08, 2007
Interesting to note, Yu-gi-oh games were recently confiscated from a Sharjah market because they were 'anti-islam'.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 08, 2007
Hi Beast,

A group of us meet on Thursday nights at the Rydges Plaza from 6.30pm to midnight in Satwa to play Magic the gathering and in fact have a release tournament this week for the new set of Lorwyn. If you or anyone else are interested to meet us and possibly join in then drop me an email for details.

I also know of a few small groups of people who play Warhammer and WH40k, myself included, plus a few roleplayers who play D&D and Shadowrun if that sort of thing rocks your boat.

Anyway since the last dedicated store closed down a year ago there isn't really any place to gather and play as a social group anymore but product can still be found at the Park N Shop on Al Wasl Road between Al Safa park and Spinneys.

As to the gaming group I'm sure if someone had the time to organise one and found a decent location to play that didn't cost an arm and a leg to hire for the evening it would not be short of members. If you need any help with this I'd be willing to assist where I can but don't have enough time to look after it totally.
Gamesmaster
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 09, 2007
Gamesmaster wrote:Hi Beast,

A group of us meet on Thursday nights at the Rydges Plaza from 6.30pm to midnight in Satwa to play Magic the gathering and in fact have a release tournament this week for the new set of Lorwyn. If you or anyone else are interested to meet us and possibly join in then drop me an email for details.

I also know of a few small groups of people who play Warhammer and WH40k, myself included, plus a few roleplayers who play D&D and Shadowrun if that sort of thing rocks your boat.

Anyway since the last dedicated store closed down a year ago there isn't really any place to gather and play as a social group anymore but product can still be found at the Park N Shop on Al Wasl Road between Al Safa park and Spinneys.

As to the gaming group I'm sure if someone had the time to organise one and found a decent location to play that didn't cost an arm and a leg to hire for the evening it would not be short of members. If you need any help with this I'd be willing to assist where I can but don't have enough time to look after it totally.

Thanks for the quick reply. Wow, I thought I was the only one in Dubai that was interested in this stuff.

Please check the PM I sent you. Thanks!
BeastFromTheEast
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 22, 2007
^ian^ wrote:Interesting to note, Yu-gi-oh games were recently confiscated from a Sharjah market because they were 'anti-islam'.

Why is every japanese animation anti islamic no wait my big question is how is it anti islam?, I think religious groups feel insecure when kids pay attention to something else other than religion.

I overheard a bus mate in school telling another guy that
POKE means worship and MON means moon, so equals worshipping moon which is obviously senseless.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat