Visit Visa For American Citizens

Topic locked
Visit Visa for American citizens Sep 15, 2007
Hello all,

Happy ramadan for all you muslim residents of the U.A.E (practically the entire country!)

Friends, I have a question regarding the visit visa procedure for U.S.A citizens

a few years ago I ended up staying 8 months on a visit visa before finding my dream job, I understand we can't do this anymore.

Can I get a 30 day visa on arrival renew it once and then go on a visa run and come back for an additional two months ?

project3030
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 15, 2007
or I can only stay for a max of 2 months from now on, I wondered what prompted them to do this
project3030
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Visit Visa for American citizens Sep 15, 2007
project3030 wrote:Hello all,

Happy ramadan for all you muslim residents of the U.A.E (practically the entire country!)

Friends, I have a question regarding the visit visa procedure for U.S.A citizens

a few years ago I ended up staying 8 months on a visit visa before finding my dream job, I understand we can't do this anymore.

Can I get a 30 day visa on arrival renew it once and then go on a visa run and come back for an additional two months ?

As an American Citizen you can still enter the Country as stated, however the Authorities have recently announced that they are going to clamp down on people working on visit visa, stating that a lifetime ban will be given. Exactly how this will be done has not been announced.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Visit Visa for American citizens Sep 16, 2007
project3030 wrote:Hello all,

As a US citizen you can enter on 60 days, and keep doing visa runs. It's only extensioons you can do twice, then you have to leave for at least one month.

There is no limit in visa runs, so I wouldn't bother doing extensions, just drive to Oman every couple of months until you find a job.
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat