Ive Been Here For Nearly A Month...

Topic locked
Aug 28, 2007
the karaoke sounds interesting... i will sign up in the events forum!

anyone wanting to go snowboarding, let me know, i want to go regularly, been 6 times so far

dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 28, 2007
gtmash wrote:That comment about expats wasting water was really stupid. Some of us "poor" expats actually use less because we PAY for it. We expats are not the ones trying to grow a green forest in the middle of the desert.

Very true - to be honest my two showers a day and filling the kettle for a cup of coffee fades into the size of an atom compared to the brigade of sprinklers trying to keep the grass green everywhere.

It is a dumb ass comment.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Aug 29, 2007
I wonder why people move to Dubai and princess about the place, the Indians, the cost of living, the salaries, etc. etc. I would hope that most people who moved, did their basic math to figure out if what they were offered in Dubai was substantially more than what they were making before moving to Dubai. If not, they have only themselves to blame if they suddenly find their Dubai salaries inadequate. Besides, why do so many people moan about the standard of living. Why would you expect to live in a villa next to the beach just because you have moved to Dubai when you would probably have been living in more modest digs before you moved?

As for the Indians and Pakistanis and Bangladeshis and Sri Lankans, well they are all here, working just as hard as the rest of the people in Dubai trying to make a better life for themselves. And its really pissing off when, for instance, someone with a western passport comes along and simply trades his license for a UAE one without having to do much more than wait in a line at the counter. While the rest of the Asians spend time, money and effort to obtain a license. But hey.. that's part of the pain of moving to a new country right..

Can you imagine what a dull place Dubai would be if everything looked like the Marina and if it weren't for this wonderful blend of races and cultures and experiences?

Lets try and be a little more tolerant... please...
syiem
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum