Ineptness

Topic locked
Aug 13, 2007
I've worked before in a fastfood chain way back college days. Before doing the actual work, we have to undergo several trainings and part of the training is familiarization of greetings and answers of the usual faq's of customers.

Babydoll, it could the staff utter the line that she has memorized from the training. We have to understand that they're being time "how fast they can serve a customer etc" though a little awful because her suggestions don't much what they're offering.

Not really ineptness, maybe she got tense or star struck when she saw you. Who knows?!

SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 13, 2007
I can only imagine the stress you get from that kind of work.. I'd forgive her for that mistake probably.
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 14, 2007
Well I agree it is a stressful job - normally. I have attempted waitressing in my younger days and I certainly know what it is like. But that day Burger King XXX only had 2 sit down customers.....!??!

Mind you back in New Zealand and Singapore, fast food restaurants hire elderly people. We can have another debate about this but back to this topic, if the lady was an elderly I would have forgiven her no matter what.

By the end of the day I am not condemning the waitress, everyone needs to earn a living. Its no big deal but the event makes an interesting conversation. I hope most people find it funny.

Recap, "...what flavor ice cream would you like?"
"Oh, can I choose the flavor?"
"No."

Har har har .....

Peace.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Aug 14, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
TheUnReal- wrote:again,,,, i think driving is best. if you have the time that is.

Yah well, it's a bit hard to drive from Brisbane to Dubai, but I'll keep that in mind next time.

Hard or impossible?

I would love to take a drive from Europe to Abu Dhabi if I had the time.
TheUnReal-
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 17, 2007
phone rings, my father picks it up. the person asks if its X family. dad says no, wrong number. then the person asks back : why did you pick up the phone then?
:shock:

:lol:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 27, 2007
i try not to eat fast food now, but every time i have gone to burger king, i think that the aberdeen angus meal looks nice, it always has a nice big picture in the main board above the tills, and EVERY time they say ;we dont have it'

why the frak advertise it, jesus christ, i get so wound up!

also, when the spinneys people ask for a dirham, i just say 'no' and look at them as blankly as they look at me!
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 27, 2007
TheUnReal- wrote:
Hard or impossible?

I would love to take a drive from Europe to Abu Dhabi if I had the time.

It's been done in reverse order. There's a book about it. "They Saddle Dogs"
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 30, 2007
You GUYS are gone so OFF-TOPIC!!
SuperStAr
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat