Location Location Location

Topic locked
Location Location Location Jun 17, 2007
Hey guys !
I don't know Dubai very well at all, so would like to enlist your collective advice. I'm looking for the ideal location for a wedding !

We've booked with Christchurch in Jebel Ali, but have yet to come up with a good place to have wedding photos, then a reception and finally a good hotel for about 20 guests.

Can anyone recommend somewhere ?

g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Location Location Location Jun 17, 2007
g00se wrote:Hey guys !
I don't know Dubai very well at all, so would like to enlist your collective advice. I'm looking for the ideal location for a wedding !

We've booked with Christchurch in Jebel Ali, but have yet to come up with a good place to have wedding photos, then a reception and finally a good hotel for about 20 guests.

Not an expert on this subject however I have attended a few and generally the Grand Hyatts around the world are known for great reception venue. The last one I attended in Hong Kong was marvellous. Try ringing Grand Hyatt here to check.
Does that qualify me for an invite :lol:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jun 17, 2007
I think every 5-star here has some sort of ballroom. Emirates Towers, Murooj Rotana, Madinat Jumeirah, etc. Just pick n choose.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Here is my recommendation: save lots of money and go to Las Vegas. Get marry for $60 and have some fun.

With the money you save put a downpayment on a villa and then once you have the villa have a party in it (for your friends and family). You will be way ahead of the game.

The family and friends that want a "story book wedding" will get over it! (and if it is either of you -you'll get over it too).

Good luck.

p.s. don't forget to invite me to the party at the villa.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Concord wrote:

Here is my recommendation: save lots of money and go to Las Vegas. Get marry for $60 and have some fun.

With the money you save put a downpayment on a villa and then once you have the villa have a party in it (for your friends and family). You will be way ahead of the game.

The family and friends that want a "story book wedding" will get over it! (and if it is either of you -you'll get over it too).

Good luck.

I was waiting for you to say something like ".... and buy a villa from Nakheel ..." :lol:
Yeah Goose, people are getting into buying villas these days.
My other clever suggestion is to have the reception AND party in your new villa (completed one) of course. Saves money, kill 2 birds with one stone and can party all night.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Concord wrote:

Good luck.

I was waiting for you to say something like ".... and buy a villa from Nakheel ..." :lol:
Yeah Goose, people are getting into buying villas these days.
My other clever suggestion is to have the reception AND party in your new villa (completed one) of course. Saves money, kill 2 birds with one stone and can party all night.

Failing, try the Grand Hyatt Dubai
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jun 17, 2007
I went to one at Emirates Golf Club once - good venue. May not be cheap.

Don't do it in the summer for obvious reasons.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Location Location Location Jun 18, 2007
Concord wrote:Here is my recommendation: save lots of money and go to Las Vegas. Get marry for $60 and have some fun.

Good luck.

I agree ;)
If I could rewind the time, I would not spend lots of money for one day "people invited will forget" (not "we will never forget"). :D
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 21, 2007
Nice 1, guys ! Thanks for the advice ! Liked the comments about the invites, too. We geese are a shy breed, so while I get to know y'all, I'll put the invites under "pending", ok ?

The August date is immoveable, I'm afraid [took us long enough to sort that date out ! :roll: ] I know it's gonna be hot 'n' sticky, but that's what a/c is for, huh ? :D Defo NOT gonna buy in Dubai. Lots of reasons, but not gonna go into them just now. So the villa idea is crossed off the list. Had a PM from someone who suggested a cruise, but again I have no experience in Dubai for that kinda thing. Any one else been on one?

Will have a wander around some of the 5 star hotels this w/e, so if you see me a-flappin around, just waddle up and say "hi" ! Already tried the Medinat and their prices are just a p155-take. 60 quid a head PER HOUR for nibbles and soft drinks ??? Might be ok if I was Sheikh Goose, I suppose...... Didn't think of the Golf Club, so ta for that Bonk.
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 21, 2007
g00se wrote:Will have a wander around some of the 5 star hotels this w/e, so if you see me a-flappin around, just waddle up and say "hi" ! Already tried the Medinat and their prices are just a p155-take. 60 quid a head PER HOUR for nibbles and soft drinks ??? Might be ok if I was Sheikh Goose, I suppose...... Didn't think of the Golf Club, so ta for that Bonk.

There are lots of drunk guys waddling around hotels. How do we know which one is you? :P

And do the wedding at the Madinat. Just finish it off in an hour and set a world record. Dubai likes world records.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 21, 2007
g00se wrote:Nice 1, guys ! Thanks for the advice ! Liked the comments about the invites, too. We geese are a shy breed, so while I get to know y'all, I'll put the invites under "pending", ok ?

The August date is immoveable, I'm afraid [took us long enough to sort that date out ! :roll: ] I know it's gonna be hot 'n' sticky, but that's what a/c is for, huh ? :D Defo NOT gonna buy in Dubai. Lots of reasons, but not gonna go into them just now. So the villa idea is crossed off the list. Had a PM from someone who suggested a cruise, but again I have no experience in Dubai for that kinda thing. Any one else been on one?

Will have a wander around some of the 5 star hotels this w/e, so if you see me a-flappin around, just waddle up and say "hi" ! Already tried the Medinat and their prices are just a p155-take. 60 quid a head PER HOUR for nibbles and soft drinks ??? Might be ok if I was Sheikh Goose, I suppose...... Didn't think of the Golf Club, so ta for that Bonk.

Good luck. By the way, Villa need not be in Dubai. Cash is cash...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Wedding Venue Jun 24, 2007
Arabian Ranches Golf Club

Got married there myself, while I was living there (you don't have to be a resident). Fantastic, beautifully decorated inside room, music available if you need it, fantastic food done to your own menu, and compered to the hotels it was very very reasonable.

Rachel the restaurant manager arranged everything and the day was great

Only downside is the emirates road roundabout to get there, but hey Dubai means traffic, right?

Feel free to contact me for more info, can advise on flowers, photographer etc.
Best of luck for your day.
admog
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 24, 2007
In addition to my previous post, the inside (and outside if you really are brave in August) of the Ranches Golf Club are superb for nice photos.

And no I dont work for them...
admog
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum