Dubai Is A Bad Idea

Topic locked
Re: Dubai is a bad idea May 04, 2007
simoneschmittner wrote:I lived in Dubai for quite a while...

all those pictures look so pretty, but do you know the underbelly?
http://uaereport.homeblock.com/

(I would never go back there)

Dean09
Dubai Forum Guest

Dubai May 11, 2007
Cheers for the information, i guess there is always to sides to a story
Marcus0992
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 11, 2007
Clearly the country was not to the taste of the website author (I love it here myself and knew what to expect before I moved here as I did my homework), but at the same time some truthful / valid points are made although the tone is predominantly negative and there are a lot of positives missed out.

But I do think the tourist industry should make people aware more of some of the laws. Especially;

Medicine prescribed in an individuals home country can land someone a prison sentence (for instance cough syrup, pain killers).

Kissing / affection in public.

Boyfriend Girlfriend sharing a hotel room.

However, they are not likely to do this as it may change the minds of a large selection of tourists considering Dubai as a destination.

You can't entirely blame someone for not being aware of this when they walk into a holiday agency in there home country to book two weeks away and choose dubai as the beachs look nice.

Also it seems a lot of laws are not the clear for tourists or people coming to settle - look at these to stories;

'Dubai: The public prosecution is still questioning a 20-year-old national who was reportedly shot at after a civilian police patrol caught him kissing his fiancée inside his car in April.'

'Mohammad Yousuf, Deputy Director of the Dubai Courts Department, said while the Federal punitive law is implemented in the UAE, the situation is different in Dubai. The Tawajed or Tahseen Al Ma'asiya clause, he said, is not implemented in Dubai.'
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

May 14, 2007
funny. that author must b Islamophobic or anti-Arab who hasnt visited Dubai
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Hey Guys in Dubai Jun 04, 2007
can someone give me an advice how to go on seaching for a loveones who moved to dubai for work...been 3 weeks now and yet she hasn't communited to me..is it really took that long to settle in dubai? although i know she lived with her relatives .. thanks
LoneStar
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Dubai is a bad idea Jun 04, 2007
simoneschmittner wrote:(I would never go back there)

Then both you and Dubai are happy.

Dean09 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isyfsO7tAx4

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat