Tooo Much Construction.

Topic locked
Tooo much construction. May 03, 2007
I just come back from Dubai last week and the construction seen has gone worse. It must be hard for you guys that have to bear with it every day. how do u lot manage.

What are your views on the metro. do u think it will improve the situation?

I personally think there will be a improvement but not much. by the time the metro is done, there will be more skyscrapers + people which = More 4WD lol

But to be honest even if the construction gets more worse then it is now, i would still love Dubai. Its just so magical, the lifestyle seams so great. i just love everything bout the place.

Sorry i know its a pointless post, im just bored and missing Dubai :lol:

kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Tooo much construction. May 04, 2007
kay1730 wrote:I just come back from Dubai last week and the construction seen has gone worse. It must be hard for you guys that have to bear with it every day. how do u lot manage.

What are your views on the metro. do u think it will improve the situation?

I personally think there will be a improvement but not much. by the time the metro is done, there will be more skyscrapers + people which = More 4WD lol

But to be honest even if the construction gets more worse then it is now, i would still love Dubai. Its just so magical, the lifestyle seams so great. i just love everything bout the place.

Sorry i know its a pointless post, im just bored and missing Dubai :lol:

They shuldnt exploit poor people at works who r constructing skycrapers.

U never know when "earth Quake " hits : ...u shuld remember God and his poor creature too . :oops:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 12, 2007
I dunno man, when I lived in Sydney, I was PISSED OFF when next door started renovations on their house. Waking me at 7:30am with a sledgehammer against a wall or some stupid crap like that. I've only been in Dubai for 1 day and I've taken like 30 pictures of half-built buildings... I think it's spectacular. This is here, this is now. No other city is doing what Dubai is doing and no other city will probably be doing this within my lifetime. So i'm soaking it in and enjoying it =)
PTMike
Dubai Forums Member

May 12, 2007
I dunno man, when I lived in Sydney, I was PISSED OFF when next door started renovations on their house. Waking me at 7:30am with a sledgehammer against a wall or some stupid crap like that. I've only been in Dubai for 1 day and I've taken like 30 pictures of half-built buildings... I think it's spectacular. This is here, this is now. No other city is doing what Dubai is doing and no other city will probably be doing this within my lifetime. So i'm soaking it in and enjoying it =)
PTMike
Dubai Forums Member

May 12, 2007
PTMike wrote:I dunno man, when I lived in Sydney, I was PISSED OFF when next door started renovations on their house. Waking me at 7:30am with a sledgehammer against a wall or some stupid crap like that. I've only been in Dubai for 1 day and I've taken like 30 pictures of half-built buildings... I think it's spectacular. This is here, this is now. No other city is doing what Dubai is doing and no other city will probably be doing this within my lifetime. So i'm soaking it in and enjoying it =)

I completly agree with you.
Your lucky your in Dubai right now, wish i was there. London is really Dull and boaring :)
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

May 31, 2007
Enjoy the (relative) peace and quiet while you can.

Imagine how many cranes and constructions there will be in a couple of years when even more projects are progressing further - Dubai Waterfront, Dubailand, Dubai World Central, Deira Palm, more metro lines...
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 31, 2007
problems for further investment:

1.) most bldg for upper end-- but is supply is overtaking demand in this end of market?

2.) value-- bldg into the desert means land value is questionable

3.) see what the bldgs look like after a couple years-- have heard construction horror stories (cracking walls, electrical giving out early, etc)

4.) rule of law-- no guarantees on what definition of freehold will be in future

still, my boss says as long as there are cranes on top of bldgs-- keeping buying!
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 31, 2007
They're building things targetting the ultra rich only. I can't wait what lesson Dubai will be teaching the world in the near future... heh heh....
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

May 31, 2007
yujinn wrote:They're building things targetting the ultra rich only. I can't wait what lesson Dubai will be teaching the world in the near future... heh heh....

Ultra Rich, I think that's going too far, in the UK it is quite the norm to purchase property and pay a large % of your earnings on a 25year mortgage basis.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 31, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
yujinn wrote:They're building things targetting the ultra rich only. I can't wait what lesson Dubai will be teaching the world in the near future... heh heh....

Ultra Rich, I think that's going too far, in the UK it is quite the norm to purchase property and pay a large % of your earnings on a 25year mortgage basis.

I don't think UK apartments involve cramped skyscrapers with a single parking space each, eh?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 31, 2007
gtmash wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I don't think UK apartments involve cramped skyscrapers with a single parking space each, eh?

True, they don't include the parking space :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 01, 2007

International City, Rainbow Apartments in Ajman, Oasis Lagoon are not for ultra rich.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat