TV In Cars?

Topic locked
TV in cars? May 23, 2007
i have been seeing a few cars for sale ads and noticed that along with GPS some cars have TV too. the ad says gps/tv . does that mean the car has tv? what channels can be seen in it? watchin tv on the gps screen, isnt that ummm dangerous especially when on SZR :shock: :shock: ????

cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

May 23, 2007
it sure is dangerous, while driving anywhere. I heard there was a rule prohibiting installation of TV's in the Front side/driver side that may distract the driver, but was allowed to be installed on the rear seats ( behind the front passenger / driver seats ) . I dont know if this is a rumour or for real. Like lets say Dubai transport cab's. Some of them have TV for rear passengers.

Mostly they catch the local frequency like Abu Dhabi TV, Sharjah, UAQ & Ajman. You can hook it up with a DVD Player or even with a portable computer with S-Video
ahamed
Dubai chat master

May 24, 2007
Yeah, its common to have gps/tv - most beemers have a tv tuner installed. It picks up free-to-air signals - I get about 6 channels, but once the car goes faster than 5kms/hr it will show a blank warning screen with only the sound remaining.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2007
XRW-147 wrote:Yeah, its common to have gps/tv - most beemers have a tv tuner installed. It picks up free-to-air signals - I get about 6 channels, but once the car goes faster than 5kms/hr it will show a blank warning screen with only the sound remaining.

i guess it is only good for Sharjah-to-Dubai morning trip then :lol:
JeepDude
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 01, 2007
I have it as well and got 2 extra screens installed in the head rest. I got my speed sencor for the tv disconnected so people can watch television at any speed.
thomasserwin
Dubai Forum User

Jun 01, 2007
XRW-147 wrote:but once the car goes faster than 5kms/hr it will show a blank warning screen with only the sound remaining.

I have a 42" plasma and diesel generator with satellite dish. Seems to work fine at any speed.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 02, 2007
^^^ do you drive a mobile home/??? :D
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 02, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:^^^ do you drive a mobile home/??? :D

If he put a 42-inch in his mobile home, where would the toilet go?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 03, 2007
gtmash wrote:If he put a 42-inch in his mobile home, where would the toilet go?

I use a plastic bucket :)
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 03, 2007
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto