Manila

Topic locked
Manila May 20, 2007
Hey!

I ll have 24 hours in manila...what to do except shopping :?

Mi Ange mi Demon
Dubai Expat Helper

May 20, 2007
24 hours is too short for you.

I'd recommend you to go shopping instead. Beautiful islands of the Philippines are outside Manila. Manila is too dense. You can visit the following Malls and nearby cities.

From the NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) proceed to MALL OF ASIA - it is so far biggest mall in asia in terms of area and variety of choices. You can spend your whole day there, but don't! Try to budget your time.

Proceed to Makati and Ayala Avenue..

Greebelt 1, 2, 3, 4 are the places to hang-out at night, open restobars and these are the places where expats hang-out. Everything is walkable, but be careful with your valuable things.

From SM Makati, pass by the sky walk to cross Landmark then to Greenbelt, then proceed to ROCKWELL POWER PLANT, then Market Market. If you still have time, visit SM Megamall (you'll see how different the malls there from here in UAE). Their department store is by floor level aside from the branded shopping outlets inside the mall.. :lol: First floor - hypermarket, second floor - all cosmetics, 3rd floor - ladies, maternity and babies, 4th floor - men fashions and so on..). They have food court in ground floor and in upper level and they have huge parking spaces too.

Manila, Makati and its neighboring cities are full of shopping haven.

Outside these cities, you can see their beautiful islands. Since you only have 24 hours, better Enjoy shopping in Philippines. :D
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

May 20, 2007
You can go malling thru their MRT (Metro Railway Transpo). From Makati Avenue or Ayala Avenue to SM Megamall, MRT is recommended, it will only take you less than 10 minutes.

At night, you can dine and hang out at BAY WALK Manila, there you can see their live bands and stunts. It's along the highway and boulevard, watch beautiful sunset etc.

Historical spots in Manila, worth a visit too. You can see big cathedrals, antiques and lots of spanish touch.

1. Port Bonifacio
2. Luneta Park
3. Ermita Manila
3. Quiapo
4. The Fort (lots of classy restuarants too)
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Manila May 20, 2007
Mi Ange mi Demon wrote:Hey!

apply for visa and for job in dubai :P
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

May 21, 2007
great!

i suggest u go visit tagaytay... its like 1.5 hrs drive from manila.
there u will see the smallest active volcano (called taal volcano) located in the middle of the lake.

u can go hiking --- dont worry its not that tedious.. if u dont like walking, there's horse to bring u. then u will have to ride in a boat to see the crater up close and personal. or u can just stop in one of the resto in tagaytay and enjoy the view from above. its really nice! i miss that place, that's where we usually hangout and drink as the resto are open 24hrs and i live nearby :) but offcourse u have to go there during the daytime to enjoy the view.

but make sure u plan ur schedule very well as traffic is terrible.. go early in the morning.

1 day is just too short... there are a lot of interesting places to visit.
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 21, 2007
^^ You from the Philippines? WOW!

I love Palawan, Malapascua, Boracay, Cebu, Bohol and the rest of the islands there. There are more pristine islands there, beautiful and remain untouch by tourists.

I haven't visit Taal Volcano yet. Taal is an active volcano right? I've seen in discovery channel, tourists went there to swim near the crater. Is it taal or other volcanoes in the Philipppines? I am not sure.

I know the perfect cone volcano "Mayon" is in Albay and get errupted after 4 to 5 years.

Lechon is what i love there. hmmm ...yummy!
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

May 21, 2007
chika, oo nman. db obvious sa log-in name ko? :wink:

yes, taal is an active volcano. from time to time, we would see smoke coming out of the crater but thats abt it. she's been quiet eversince. taal is very unique becoz its situated in the middle of the lake and has its on lake inside the crater. some would go and swim inside the crater but never tried it due to the fact that its a volcano --- loads of minerals that might be harmful. but its ok to swim as long as u dont stay long. i know people who actually did it. and u can do camping as well. for some adventurer, they even went under (diving) to see how it looks below.
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 24, 2007
:D ...thanks SCY
Mi Ange mi Demon
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Manila May 24, 2007
MAC wrote:
Mi Ange mi Demon wrote:Hey!

apply for visa and for job in dubai :P

I m living in Dubai
Mi Ange mi Demon
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 16, 2007
Yep, Tagaytay is lovely. I Went there last November.
Just a day trip -we didn't go hiking or anything - but the scenery in general and surrounding towns are beautiful...

Had a meal in one of the restaurants which overlooks the volcano...

And yeah, Mall of Asia rocks. So many restaurants and food outlets I never heard of before - damn you guys love your food!

But Alabang Town Centre is my favorite place - nice, chilled out, a little on the sophisticated side. Reminds me a bit of Jumeirah!

:D
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around