Which Is A Good Area To Live In, If Office Is In Deira?

Topic locked
Which is a good area to live in, if office is in Deira? May 18, 2007
May be relocating to Dubai soon, and hence doing as much homework as I can re accommodation prices there. (I've only ever been to Dubai once, about three years ago, for a brief business trip - meaning I'm not so clued-in on the layout/geography of the place.)

Assuming I accept the job offer and negotiate a good package, I'll be looking around for a 2 B/R apartment. Have noticed from Gulf News Classifieds etc that I can expect to pay between AED60K - 140K/annum, depending on area.

Was just wondering which area would be convenient if my office is located in Deira (near Deira City Centre)? Would prefer to spend as little time as possible in traffic... :?

Thanks in advance for any pointers you may be able to provide.

teuchter
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

May 18, 2007
I work on Rigga Road further into Deira and live in the Golden Sands area of Bur Dubai. Traffic is not a problem as you will be going in the oposite direction to all the jams. Takes me 15 minutes. Guess you could even commute from the Trade Centre area of SZR within 30 minutes max.
Rosbif71
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 19, 2007
i'm in deira in the creekside residence bldg-- i pay 85k for a 1 br

it is a Union Co. property-- well maintained

i lucked into it as someone i work with was on waiting list and they already had something

i was in bur dubai and found it to be a bit of a ghost town where i was (golden sands area) and like my new proximity to ccentre
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai