Dubai Work (Please Help)

Topic locked
Dubai Work (Please help) May 08, 2007
Ok now I have no degree...experience working in Customer Care at HSBC and Retail (I was in retail whilst at college) only have completed an AVCE.

Anyway I want to work in Dubai....hotels/service etc etc. I know the salary will be low...but benefits are normally the bulk!

Please help guys...I feel like I am going around in circles with the sites! I will be in Dubai in July so that may help!

I suppose I could apply for Emirates or Etihad as they provide housing and salary is 3000/3600Dhs month that is not excluding the shift pay!

Even, so I would like a job on the ground in Dubai? I probably need a degree even to work in an office! :shock:

Cheers guys!

richiec
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 08, 2007
Well I have seen some ads for jobs where no degree is required. Also for any Nationality so hopefully I will hear something!! I wont hold out though.

I mainly want to do this for the experience of working overseas etc etc. I will probably come back after a good few years. Maybe I will do very well and never come back!

I will use my savings as a supplement if the salary is so low I can't even adapt to it....I know someone who lives in Dubai and he will help me adapt lol

Does anyone know how much it costs an employer to sponsor a Visa for a new employee? Would it be worth me saying I will cover those costs to give me an edge possibly?

Cheers
richiec
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 09, 2007
WOW is there really no one who can help...I mean enough people have viewed this post?
richiec
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 10, 2007
Well it's safe to say that the Government are cracking down and insisting that many people now have degrees and relevant qualifications to work in certain fields. There are some where you don't need one, but they are faw and few between these days.

Your best bet would be to contact a reputable recruitment agency like Clarendon and Parker.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum