Clever Wheel Cover

Topic locked
Clever Wheel Cover Apr 23, 2007
I was on my way to the office this morning on SZR and in the distance I noticed this round wheel cover on the rear of a 4x4 I was surprised to see it as it was a very recognizable Green and White bottle cap with a Red Star in the middle with writing on the outer circle. I thought for a moment and was surprised that such "advertisement" would be allowed in a muslim country. As I approached I read the writing and it say: "Enough" "Said" around the star. Pretty clever. Unless you read it careful you would be fooled into thinking that it adverstises the product.

The funny part is that as I passed the car (a Rav-4) I noticed that it was driven by a pudgy 50+ woman! - not what I expected on reading the wheel cover.

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 23, 2007
what does the sign mean ???
Uae_Me
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2007
Uae_Me wrote:what does the sign mean ???

I figure half the people in the Forum Won't know. Let me put it this way, if you are muslim you should not know :wink: And that is why I think it is very clever.

You will knwo as soon as "Sage" reads it - he has a way of spoling things.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 23, 2007
hmmmm interesting :shock:
Uae_Me
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Clever Wheel Cover Apr 23, 2007
Concord wrote:As I approached I read the writing and it say: "Enought" "Say" around the star. Unless you read it careful you would be fooled into thinking that it adverstises the product.

I'm not a muslim and I have no idea what you're banging on about?

"Enought"???
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Clever Wheel Cover Apr 23, 2007
XPClone wrote:
Concord wrote:As I approached I read the writing and it say: "Enought" "Say" around the star. Unless you read it careful you would be fooled into thinking that it adverstises the product.

I'm not a muslim and I have no idea what you're banging on about?

"Enought"???

:oops: "Enough" "Said" :oops:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 23, 2007
I had this vague idea about the design being a beer company logo, but then it still doesn't make sense.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 23, 2007
Without having seen it I can still picture what Concord is talking about - thats what makes this median quite clever.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 23, 2007
Concord wrote:
Uae_Me wrote:what does the sign mean ???

I figure half the people in the Forum Won't know. Let me put it this way, if you are muslim you should not know :wink: And that is why I think it is very clever.

You will knwo as soon as "Sage" reads it - he has a way of spoling things.

Well it could be an advertisment for the Non Alc. version :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat