Employment Visa Sponsorship Question

Topic locked
Employment Visa sponsorship question Apr 06, 2007
My wife and I are US Citizens (Indian Origin). We both have jobs in US but would like to quit & move to Dubai with jobs for a few years. Both of us are looking for positions in Senior IT Management.

Is gender a problem in getting the initial employment visa? In other words, would an employer be hesitant to sponsor the lady or give her a job if she is not already on dependent visa?

Any help, guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks!

RKS859
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 06, 2007
The fact that you both have (I presume) US passports will make things much easier, and you should be able to command higher salaries due to your nationality.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 06, 2007
Thanks for your response. Is your understanding that for senior positions that pay higher salaries, the gender resstrictions may not apply for employment visa purposes?

Current situation is that wife &kids are planning to move first to Dubai and stay with family and look for jobs. I follow later after selling the house in US etc.

Appreciate the favor of a response again !

Thanks & regards !
RKS859
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 09, 2007
please provide input...really appreciate your help with this. Thanks!
RKS859
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 09, 2007
RKS859 wrote:please provide input...really appreciate your help with this. Thanks!

Gender will not make a difference if either you or your wife are qualified. Whether or not she gets a job has nothing to do with her visa status (dependant visa).

Gender and race are factors in commanding higher salaries. Female employees on average will get lower salaries that male employees for the same work (but that is not unique to Dubai). Racism is more overt here so that a "western" looking person will also get a higher salary than say someone from India/Pakistan, etc. That is not 100% the case but does exist and it is more obvious than in other places like US, Europe, etc.

Getting a job in Dubai is not that different than in most "first world cities" - supply and demand.

Good luck.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum