Accommodation - What Areas Should I Avoid?

Topic locked
accommodation - what areas should I avoid? Sep 18, 2005
Hello, I'll be moving to Dubai in November and am fortunate in that I have accommodation included (a 2 bedroom flat), however, I'm keen to know which areas should be avoided (they have to find a place to rent out for me).

Also, I will be working 20km out of the city centre - I know the traffic is pretty bad but is it better to live in the city or near the Dubai Men's College?

any info appreciated
thx nellie

nellie
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 18, 2005
Well where you stay is largely dependent on how much of a stipend you have allocated for rent...prices fluctuate from area to area....I think Dubai Men's College is on Emirates Road (a fast moving highway), so driving 20ks should not be time consuming at all...the traffic is a bit capricious, but you should be ok...I think the college is close to Mirdif, which is a good area to live in...am sure a lot of the faculty stay there...Not sure coz I haven't explored that route thoroughly, but I think location wise you're pretty safe, coz you seem to avoid the regular traffic hotspots en route to the college from anywhere in dubai
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 24, 2005
thanks - most helpful. It's pretty challenging to work all this out from a huge distance away !
nellie
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai