Dental In Dubai

Topic locked
Dental In Dubai Mar 19, 2007
Hi,

I am relocating from Australia soon and am about to start root canal therapy on 2 teeth. I urgently need some advice regarding dental care in Dubai as the treatment is quite lengthy (6-8 weeks) and my departure date is dependant on whether or not I should get it done before I leave.

My questions are;

1. Is dental expensive in Dubai?
2. How much of these (non standard) treatments do most health plans cover?
3. Is the quality of dental care high in comparison to Australia?
4. Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Dubai?

I would really appreciate your advice so I can get started with the treatment here straight away if that is the best course of action.
Thanks!

admcau
Dubai Forum User

Re: Dental In Dubai - Mar 19, 2007
admcau wrote:Hi,

I am relocating from Australia soon and am about to start root canal therapy on 2 teeth. I urgently need some advice regarding dental care in Dubai as the treatment is quite lengthy (6-8 weeks) and my departure date is dependant on whether or not I should get it done before I leave.

My questions are;

1. Is dental expensive in Dubai? - Yes
2. How much of these (non standard) treatments do most health plans cover? - No idea, would depend on your own health plan, you have to check.
3. Is the quality of dental care high in comparison to Australia? - Compared to UK I believe it is OK
4. Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Dubai? - Swedish Dental Clinic is good

I would really appreciate your advice so I can get started with the treatment here straight away if that is the best course of action.
Thanks!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 19, 2007
I don't know in Dubai but my wife had her teeth scaling and braces adjustment in Bahrain for 50 BHD per visit. If that's the standard of Middle East, so expect at least 500 AED. Just a figure.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 20, 2007
Thanks to you both. I think I will just get it done over here and join my husband a couple of weeks later than planned. I have good heath cover and a good dentist here.
admcau
Dubai Forum User

Oct 09, 2009
I think that is is expensive ...but have you tried dental travelling ? I have and I have found a great dental poland clinic where I fly to regularly as the Uk prices are really taking all the money I make here and even if I save up a bit I can do everything there that my teeth need.
ClinicGirl
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dentiest in Dubai Oct 10, 2009
I have never heard or them, and I could not find any record of them. Try this website:doctor-dubai.com

search for " dental clinic " and you will find clinics, including some with e-mail address. Write to them to see if they have any information regarding the Mona Lisa Clinic. If nothing else, perhaps they, too, are hiring.
Good luck!
ahmed45
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Dental In Dubai Jun 29, 2011
I think there is a huge number of dentists in Dubai, but no one quilified enough,I heard so many complains from my friends so I can only advice those who can spoil your teeth instead of treating them
Suzan911
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Health and Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Health and Medicine in Dubai