Average Income And What's A Comfortable Income Per Year

Topic locked
Average income and what's a comfortable income per year Mar 08, 2007
Hi Expats,

I'm sure this question has been asked a lot before, so my applogies in advanced.

I'm living in the UK with my wife and there are plans that my company wants to relocate me to Dubai.

If we go ahead, we're planning to buy property, but surely it must be a (semi)detached with garden. Guess that's what they call already a Villa (or townhouse) in Dubai, and if we want to get something decent it won't be below 1,5 - 2 mill. UAD. I still think such an investment is better than buying an appartment, which are raising as mushrooms.

So, I had a couple of question where I need up to date information (since prices in Dubai are moving fast):

- What's the average income a person earns in Dubai
- What's a "comfortable" income per year ?

I had some chats with ppl and they tell me between 300 - 400k UAD would allow us to live a good life there.

Put this in contrast that I now earn around 60k pound gross per year, would 350k UAD match this as ppl say it's tax free etc. in Dubai ?

Many thanks for your input.

Greetings

H.

Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 09, 2007
350k per year would be fine provided you don't have more than one child.

Most "villas" are in fact terraced houses and they'd be quite small at the price you asked, if you can get them at all.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 10, 2007
scot1870 wrote:350k per year would be fine provided you don't have more than one child.

LOL. I guess I was raised on peanuts.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 12, 2007
gtmash wrote:
scot1870 wrote:350k per year would be fine provided you don't have more than one child.

LOL. I guess I was raised on peanuts.

:lol: :lol: ..Me 2....But only on a peanut a day...Guess you were lucky getting peanuts.... :lol: ..

Sometimes I really wonder???LOL
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 17, 2007
Just to give you a rough idea about Rental in Dubai... A Villa with 2 bedroom will range 130,000 Dhs to 180,000 Dhs per Year. This will eat up your 50% percent of salary!!

If you go for 2 bedroom apartment, it will range between 110,000 to 130,000 per year. Depending on area of your choice

Car prices are not high here and rest of daily use stuff is reasobale as comapred to europe or usa.

Faisal
fj7000
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

that's modest Mar 18, 2007
I'd say 350k is kind of modest to just live a good lifestyle.. you need alteast have a million a year to really enjoy luxury at its best (almost)
therjv
Dubai Forums Member

Re: that's modest Mar 18, 2007
therjv wrote:I'd say 350k is kind of modest to just live a good lifestyle.. you need alteast have a million a year to really enjoy luxury at its best (almost)

Do you really mean what you are saying or was it just a PUN!!! If you mean it, then I think you need to get your noggin examined...

A million AED per year... :lol: :lol:...
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 26, 2007
Thanks for all your responses so far.

I didn't got the peanut thing with the kids, but that's okay, we don't have them yet anyway ;-)

The million dirham post was a bit off I guess, so I take it my initial income question is not that bad.

Today I received the awaited offer and it's more than I expected, around 420.000 UAD. This developes into something I strongly consider to do now. The UK is nice but bloody expensieve, I hate the weather and we are up for an adventure. I always enjoyed being in Dubai, I know, a bizz trip is different than living there, but if we can manage to get a nice place which will be a desired property in future, it could be worth the risk.

...let's see how things go, it's all short term now end of April, so I'm sure you will see more questions from me coming up soon.

Thanks for your help.
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 29, 2007
I accepted the offer and have to pack all in April, starting in May.

Sorry for the questions I asked. Now reading all the available info on this forum and also the "Income Sticky" :oops: I see how many times this has been asked before and are a bit embarrassed.

All the best.
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 30, 2007
Habibi wrote:I accepted the offer and have to pack all in April, starting in May.

Sorry for the questions I asked. Now reading all the available info on this forum and also the "Income Sticky" :oops: I see how many times this has been asked before and are a bit embarrassed.

All the best.

Congrats. You will live a good confortable life here on that package.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum