Does This Package Sound Okay

Topic locked
Does this Package sound okay Mar 07, 2007
Hi

I've surfed this site for many months and it looks as if I'll be joining you all soon, just a little unsure about the terms and conditions to this job. It's for a senior management position running a new department which I will have to expand to a team of 20+ in an international consultancy. I've 17 years experience. They've offered me.

I've not got a problem with salary, it also includes
Supplementry allowances 13,340 Dhs

Bonus, performance related.
No overtime
Terminal Gratunity as per UAE Labour Law 21 days, not sure if this is being reduced.
BUPA Classic healthcare
45 weeks
one month notice period
30 days holidays excluded public holidays.
Mobilisation 5,000 Dhs
21 days accommodation and car lease initially, I will not receive supplementry allowances during this time.

Although the overall pays good the benefits are not good. I asked for one flight per year and they say it's included in the allowances, they say that if I want to stay longer in there company apartment it's okay but it will be very costly for me, 21 days seems a little mean to expect someone to find a place so soon.

I would be appreciate your comments, and long does the negociation process take.

Thanks

Kirk
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Does this Package sound okay Mar 07, 2007
Kirk wrote:Hi

I've surfed this site for many months and it looks as if I'll be joining you all soon, just a little unsure about the terms and conditions to this job. It's for a senior management position running a new department which I will have to expand to a team of 20+ in an international consultancy. I've 17 years experience. They've offered me.

No overtime
Terminal Gratunity as per UAE Labour Law 21 days, not sure if this is being reduced.
BUPA Classic healthcare
45 weeks
one month notice period
Mobilisation 5,000 Dhs
21 days accommodation and car lease initially, I will not receive supplementry allowances during this time.

Although the overall pays good the benefits are not good. I asked for one flight per year and they say it's included in the allowances, they say that if I want to stay longer in there company apartment it's okay but it will be very costly for me, 21 days seems a little mean to expect someone to find a place so soon.

I would be appreciate your comments, and long does the negociation process take.

Thanks

Hi Kirk,

Do you hava a family?

What sort of accomodation would you be looking for?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Does this Package sound okay Mar 07, 2007
Kirk wrote:Hi

No overtime
BUPA Classic healthcare
45 weeks
one month notice period
Mobilisation 5,000 Dhs

Thanks

not bad. As far as I am concerned my "allowance' is "Zero" as I look at the big picture - total income from which the rest flows including (housing, car, travel, etc.). So the big item is the salary which you are happy with so...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2007
I'm 40, female, no kids and single. I don't wanna live alone so I'll probably share a place or get a room, prefably as near to Wafi City as possible.

Thanks
Kirk
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 08, 2007
Kirk wrote:I'm 40, female, no kids and single. I don't wanna live alone so I'll probably share a place or get a room, prefably as near to Wafi City as possible.

Thanks

Single Female, sharing, this package is good.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 08, 2007
Flaming typical response from a fella.

Anyway, I've accepted it, so looking forward to coming over soon and giving you a good kick in the shins for that..........
Kirk
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 08, 2007
Kirk wrote:Flaming typical response from a fella.

Anyway, I've accepted it, so looking forward to coming over soon and giving you a good kick in the shins for that..........

You want to kick me in the shins!!!!!! for what???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 09, 2007
^^^ LOL
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum