Universities In/around Dubai

Topic locked
Universities in/around Dubai Feb 24, 2007
Are there any good/decent universities to study engineering and also accounting/finance programs for an international student?

please list some universities if you know of any.
How is the American university of Sharjah?
any others worth checking out?
thanks

cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 24, 2007
AUS the only real half decent uni around here but in a crap location. American Uni of Dubai not that well regarded but you'll have a better social life.

Depends what you want from your time here really.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 24, 2007
well the education part is the most important. bad place or for social life i can find other alternatives :D
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 25, 2007
For a list of Dubai Universities have a look at this site: Schools, colleges & universities in Dubai

And a social live? Depends what you make of it. Hear great stories from graduates in my company.
astridindubai
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 26, 2007
thanks for the link
which of the universities listed there are any good or recognized?

American University Dubai

Zayed University

University of Dubai

The British University

University of Wollongong

Heriot-Watt University

Dubai Aerospace University

French Fashion University Esmod
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 26, 2007
Sorry to hijack the thread.

What about good and reputable US/EU university/business schools, which have representatives/campuses/exam centers in Dubai, that offer distance learning for MBA/EMBA programs?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 26, 2007
London Business School setting up in Dubai this year for an EMBA programme.

Heard someone mention INSEAD, possibly in Abu Dhabi?

Below that, you have a selection of OK schools like Heriott Watt which is linked to Edinburgh Business School.

On the topic of recognised unis, the names of those unis (apart from Heriott Watt which is a mid-ranked UK university) won't travel well to other countries, I believe only Sharjah has some sort of international accreditation.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 26, 2007
Hey!!!Just a quick q?? Which part of the world do you come from?? Why would you want to come to Dubai to study!!!
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 26, 2007
From the fresh graduates at my work I learned that the American University of Sharjah is the best. According to them AUS is only one having an USA accreditation, see AUD accreditation page.

This page gives you the Washington view.
astridindubai
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 27, 2007
scot1870 wrote:London Business School setting up in Dubai this year for an EMBA programme.

Heard someone mention INSEAD, possibly in Abu Dhabi?

Below that, you have a selection of OK schools like Heriott Watt which is linked to Edinburgh Business School.

On the topic of recognised unis, the names of those unis (apart from Heriott Watt which is a mid-ranked UK university) won't travel well to other countries, I believe only Sharjah has some sort of international accreditation.

INSEAD is one of the best. But I can't afford to spend about 40000 Euro for tuition fee :(

And AUS is not that cheap also. Just saw on their website, tuition fee is 2240 AED per credit. An MBA requires 51 credits, so in total is about 114K AED or around 30K USD. That's quite expensive. And I'm not sure they have distance learning (I live in Dubai but travel a lot).
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 27, 2007
I ran into this link: they mention having a 'distance learning' program:

http://www.mbs-worldwide.ac.uk/news/news_item.asp?ID=62
astridindubai
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 27, 2007
Heriot - watt seems good. i am thinking of applying there and maybe AUS too.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum