AC

Topic locked
AC Feb 15, 2007
Is it true that the Japanese car air conditioners out perform any other make?

Was talking to a friend and mentioned that I love the way that C4 Coupe looks like and his reply was that it’s not worth it because European air conditioners are a disaster in this country in the summer and that only the Japanese survive here.

OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 15, 2007
not all....particular models from all makes have good ac.

Jeep is amercian...cherokee has amazing ac.
guest999

Feb 15, 2007
Not_Sure wrote:not all....particular models from all makes have good ac.

Jeep is amercian...cherokee has amazing ac.

That makes sense; I cannot imagine any high end car having bad AC, plus there is such a thing as customizing a certain model for a certain market (Middle East).

Anyone here rode a C4 in August and lived to tell the tale :)
OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 18, 2007
Hmmm, I can't give you a general comment...

But on my Mitsubishi (Evo IX), the air-con could probably give you frost-bite... :lol:
Also I have heard the same statement about most Mitsu-Cars and many other japanese cars...

Still, I don't think it's worth choosing your car mainly based on ac... What are you looking for? Sports car? Something to haul wife and kids in? Open Roof?

If you are looking for "rare", light sports cars however, I would definately go the japanese route....

Edit: If you're interested in German cars and have questions, drop me a pm, I know quite a bit about german cars, as well as the Evo...
mcbrite
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 18, 2007
mcbrite wrote:Hmmm, I can't give you a general comment...

But on my Mitsubishi (Evo IX), the air-con could probably give you frost-bite... :lol:
Also I have heard the same statement about most Mitsu-Cars and many other japanese cars...

Still, I don't think it's worth choosing your car mainly based on ac... What are you looking for? Sports car? Something to haul wife and kids in? Open Roof?

If you are looking for "rare", light sports cars however, I would definately go the japanese route....

Edit: If you're interested in German cars and have questions, drop me a pm, I know quite a bit about german cars, as well as the Evo...

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for something that is affordable to purchase new and fully loaded (60-70K max). Also, something that's not too Sluggish would be nice (not looking for killer performance but at least 0 to 100KM/H in under 15 seconds).

To tell you the truth, I had my share of Japanese and Korean cars back home (anything else is too expensive in Egypt) and that is why I ditched my initial plans for the Honda Jazz. The C4 Coupe 2.0 or the Megan Hatch 2.0 seemed like good cars but the problem is that I don't get covered parking at work (only at home) so the AC thing comes into pay big time (V-Kool or no V-Kool).

I still have some time with Avis and my paper work remains underway so I am in no rush and if Japanese is the way to go (AC, price, re-sale, etc) then maybe Mazda3 Sport; might not be the fastest but the best looking Japanese in it's class.
OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto