Looking For Roof Space.

Topic locked
Looking for roof space. Feb 01, 2007
I am looking for roof space to lease for a negotiable number of years.

I would like to use this roof space as a place for my 6.5 square meter micro compact home, and a machine making water from the air with a profile of (Height x Width x Depth) 119 centimeters x 72 centimeters x 76 centimeters, weighing 120.0 kilograms.

This website ( http://www.microcompacthome.com/company/ ) has more information about the modular home i will be having on your roof.

I am willing to negotiate a price for your roof space, space that you probably don't use at the moment, but that could be making you a little extra money.

williell
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 01, 2007

This is what the Micro-compact home looks like.
williell
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 01, 2007
i like it.......

they should make it out of titanium or something so no one can kick down the walls...
guest999

Feb 01, 2007
Wow, have you lived in one of these before? I hope it has A/C. Perhaps this is the solution to the rising rent problem in the UAE. :o
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 02, 2007
Yes i've lived in this for about a year now, but im bored of where i am, so im moving. The home is comfortable, 4 other people have stayed in it with me before. The M-C H has electricity, it heats and cools very well. I have a set of solar panels, and a small but efficient windmill on the roof, I am almost entirely self sufficient. I won't use anyones power, fuel, or water. I don't want to lease a lot because I thought I could save money if I could find roof space, which there is alot of, that isn't in high demand.
williell
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 02, 2007
Sounds cool. I guess you will have to lease the space from an owner/occupier because most landlords have restrictions on sub-letting.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 03, 2007
williell wrote:Yes i've lived in this for about a year now, but im bored of where i am, so im moving. The home is comfortable, 4 other people have stayed in it with me before. The M-C H has electricity, it heats and cools very well. I have a set of solar panels, and a small but efficient windmill on the roof, I am almost entirely self sufficient. I won't use anyones power, fuel, or water. I don't want to lease a lot because I thought I could save money if I could find roof space, which there is alot of, that isn't in high demand.

what a wonderful concept... is it possible to actually see one of these homes ?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 06, 2007
A village of seven micro-compact homes (there may be more or less now), sponsored by international telecoms company O2 Germany, has been built at the Technical University Munich. This village was built in November 2005, I am not sure about how it is today.

My own micro-compact home is being stored at my uncles junk yard under two tarps, I am working in Fort McMurray, Canada. I plan on joining the Canadian Forces, If that doesn't happen then I am going to the UAE for work.
williell
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 06, 2007
That is amazing.
I wouldnt mind living on top of someones house for a while :)
I can see it being fun.
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai