Kangroonistan(Australia) .........watch How Do They Win :=)

Topic locked
Kangroonistan(Australia) .........watch how do they win :=) Jan 29, 2007
Watch the last Ball :=)

HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 30, 2007
Ah, the good ol days, when you could byo 1 slab of beer per person.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 30, 2007
Actually, Pakistan have topped that twice in the past 12 months.

The first incident was when Inzaman Al Huq lead the team off the field and had a sook because his team were accused of ball tampering and wait for it... were deducted 4 runs. (Note Shoab Akhtar gives away that many no balls in about 2 overs). They then refused to come out or communicate with the umpires until they were left with no choice but to call the game off. Disgraceful, and Inzaman was rightly charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

The second is when the Pakistan cricket board overturned a ban on 2 of their players who tested positive for illegal performance enhancing drugs, and allowed them to play again, when the ICC rules on drugs and doping clearly states they should have received a 2 year ban. They are knowingly fielding two players in their teams who are on steroids. Disgraceful.

And whilst many do bring up this undearm bowl incident time and time again, one has to remember... it was perfectly in the rules. I don't condone it, and it was unsportsman like, but it was within the rules.

It's sad that when you're the best in the world, everyone wants to bring you down, but when you're a hopeless and struggling cricket nation, it seems they will allow you to break the rules, including:

* letting people who chuck the ball continue to bowl
* overlooking ball tampering
* allowing players who tested positive for steroids to continue to play

To sum it up HP... people who live in glass houses...
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 30, 2007
Watch the last Ball :=)
And I thought they had sportsman ship.... :shock:
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Kangroonistan(Australia) .........watch how do they win Jan 30, 2007
HP wrote:Watch the last Ball :=)

Wow :shock:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:

What's even more wow is that it happened nearly 30 years ago.

Get with the times.
^ian^

Jan 30, 2007
What's even more wow is that it happened nearly 30 years ago
...Com'on mate....take it on chin :lol:
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 30, 2007
iceman wrote:
What's even more wow is that it happened nearly 30 years ago
...Com'on mate....take it on chin :lol:

I did, but for the OP, a cheating Paki, to have a swipe at Australians...

...well, it just shows how good we are.
^ian^

^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

What's even more wow is that it happened nearly 30 years ago.

Get with the times.

I had never seen it before, and what makes it more surprising is that it was more in the time when "Sportmanship" was still considered a part of the game.
I have been told by one of my colleagues that it is actually against the rules, is that true? (Serious question)
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:I had never seen it before, and what makes it more surprising is that it was more in the time when "Sportmanship" was still considered a part of the game.

That's true enough, and the fallout internally within Australian cricket over this incident caused a lot of issues. Australians also did not like the way in which we won the game, but alas, it is history now. It's a chestnut the kiwis like to bring up every now and then, despite them having far worse examples of sportsmanship in their history - especially in Rugby Union.

I guess most Aussies are over it. As I said, it has been 25+ years and we've heard it numerous times... it's not upsetting, it's just boring.

I have been told by one of my colleagues that it is actually against the rules, is that true? (Serious question)

At the time, you were permitted to bowl an underarm delivery. Since the incident, the rule was changed to ensure there was no repeat of it.

So whilst it was unsportsmanlike, it was legal.
^ian^

sage & onion wrote:what makes it more surprising is that it was more in the time when "Sportmanship" was still considered a part of the game.

Not exactly.
One day cricket was a rebel breakaway in it's early days and didn't demand the same respect from the players as in test matches.
Although this is no excuse for what happened.

Richie summed it up best for most Australians who were very ashamed by what happened.
For the record, Greg Chapel's career never recovered from this discrace (It was his decision, not the bowler's) and has never suceeded in any of his playing/coaching ventures since.

So what did Australia do with him?
We sent him to India where he bloody belongs! But Pakistan would have been fine also. What's the difference anyway?
And he can stay there for all I care.

As a post script, I would also like to point out that at least Australian's are ashamed of unsportsmanlike behaviour, which is more than can be said for other countries such as Italy's soccer world cup discrace. They didn't even bat an eyelid.
benwj

Jan 30, 2007
Lets talk little bit more about Australian Cricket :

Dean Jones Australian commentator

Dean Jones, the former Australia Test batsman turned TV commentator, has been sacked by Ten Sports after calling "Terrorist" to "Hashim Amla " in LIVE commentory .

Bad Hair

It was accusation and the entire world see that Darrell Hair was wrong. Read the decision of ICC after this issue:=).

Following cricket board doesnt want Darrell Hair:

1= Indian
2= Pakistan
3= South Afrcia
4= WI
5= Srilanka
6= Bangladesh
7= ZW

There were 100 of cameras in the ground and they culdnt prove that Pakistani team did the ball tampering or altered the condition of ball :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO1HM0yKeTk&NR

Say No to Racism

This solgan was orginated in the world of games because of attitude of Australian crowds .
:lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 31, 2007
Go to any golf club in Dubai and ask a cross-section of members which nationality/s are know for cheating.

Most of the time you will get the same answer and it won't be Australians.

What's your handicap HP?
benwj

Jan 31, 2007
benwj wrote:Go to any golf club in Dubai and ask a cross-section of members which nationality/s are know for cheating.

Most of the time you will get the same answer and it won't be Australians.

What's your handicap HP?

You guys r from Civilized country, country of decent cricket crowd and "Bad Hair" :P .

Why would someone ask such kind of question inside a Golf club

"Sir !! which nationality is famous for cheating"?

! Well the ultimate answer is "British Nationality" :P . Thats what i studied in History book when i was 12 years old.

I have seen once that British tourists were running without paying the bills and all the waiters were chasing them :lol:

"Scarlet my sister , i hope you would not be getting angry on ur Paki brother! forum is getting bore and i wana pick some nice and decent fights with these kangroos " :oops:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 31, 2007
HP wrote:You guys r from Civilized country, country of decent cricket crowd and "Bad Hair"

We don't have anywhere close to 100 tevelvision cameras in our stadiums, so must not be as civilized as you? :cry:

HP wrote:Why would someone ask such kind of question inside a Golf club

They don't. All I am saying is that I can predict what nationality they will say...
unless they went to the same primary school as you and were taught that it is the British.

HP wrote:I have seen once that British tourists were running without paying the bills and all the waiters were chasing them :lol:

If they were Aussies they would not have been caught. :)

HP wrote:i wana pick some nice and decent fights with these kangroos

I should warn you that Kangaroos are known for their boxing ability. :x
benwj

Feb 01, 2007
benwj wrote:We don't have anywhere close to 100 tevelvision cameras in our stadiums, so must not be as civilized as you? :cry:

100 Television cameras doesnt put any one in the list of civilized one .If it was the case , Sheikhs culd have 100s of cameras at Toilet:=) .

Have i said in my post that one need 100 cameras to become civilized?
I gave an example that it is hard to cheat in the presence of 100s of cameras.

We are not talking about different nationalities and how idiot they are. At this point we are only talking about "Cricket and Australia" :lol: .

anyhow let me ask a private question:

Do kanjaroo also play cricket in Australia?
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 01, 2007
At this point we are only talking about "Cricket and Australia"

Interesting comments by a NZ player about Australians: "They hunt like a pack of dogs"

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/cbs/con ... 78286.html :lol:
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 01, 2007
iceman wrote:
At this point we are only talking about "Cricket and Australia"

Interesting comments by a NZ player about Australians: "They hunt like a pack of dogs"

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/cbs/con ... 78286.html :lol:

What a bunch of losers. Why play the game if it's too tough out there?

Read http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/cbs/con ... 78331.html

and http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/cbs/con ... 78407.html
^ian^

Feb 01, 2007
so why is ur ozzie arse always kicked in footie by the same losers - moite
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 01, 2007
see how do Australian behave here :
BCCI president get insult from Australian Cricket team :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjSJ3qoL ... ed&search=
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 01, 2007
WOW !!! :shock:

Hey Ian, count it mate...the other disgrace happened about 20 odd years ago...this one is pretty recent....or would you say: It is also 2 odd months old...so get over it; Auzzies are working on the next episode :wink:

I have to be honest I never saw this coming...Watching the clip doesn't leave you with any pleasant feeling for sure. I can't help myself imagining had it been any other side doing it to the Aussie cricket chairman... :?:
[/quote]
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 02, 2007
What the hell !!!

I read about it but that is the first time I seen video footage. It looks pretty bad I'm surprised there was not much uproar about it when it happend :shock:

Iceman the next episode is probably in the World Cup :wink:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 02, 2007
To be honest it's easy to pick isolated incidents and make a big deal out of them. The fact remains that, today, their is no doubt, that Australia has the best ODI & Test side in the world. We should stop looking for scandal and try getting a side together that can beat them.
I don't see any team that has even half a chance against them in the upcoming World Cup.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 02, 2007
sage & onion wrote:To be honest it's easy to pick isolated incidents and make a big deal out of them. The fact remains that, today, their is no doubt, that Australia has the best ODI & Test side in the world. We should stop looking for scandal and try getting a side together that can beat them. I don't see any team that has even half a chance against them in the upcoming World Cup.

Isolated incident number X...in front of the whole world? I must admire the poor chairman; he kept his cool even after the incident

Bad losers but good ambassadors of any nation are much more appreciated everywhere than good winners and bad ambassadors. Mind you long back even captain Steve Waugh wanted to change Aussie cricket team’s image....I guess that sums it up that problem exists & is known too :lol:
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 02, 2007
Galactico wrote:What the hell !!!

next episode might include snatching the cup from the presenter....and kicking the presenting party out of the stadium :wink:
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 02, 2007
ENGLAND BEAT AUSTRALIA BY 92 RUNS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHERE MY BUDDY IAN :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 02, 2007
iceman wrote:
Galactico wrote:What the hell !!!

next episode might include snatching the cup from the presenter....and kicking the presenting party out of the stadium :wink:

Or they will take the trophy from the cabinet and celebrate themselves without the need for the presenting party:wink:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 02, 2007
sage & onion wrote:ENGLAND BEAT AUSTRALIA BY 92 RUNS

Or they will take the trophy from the cabinet and celebrate themselves without the need for the presenting party

I saw him running with the Auzzie team....apearently they took a candy from a kid in the street and were on the run :lol:
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 02, 2007
sage & onion wrote:ENGLAND BEAT AUSTRALIA BY 92 RUNS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Finally they win a match against the aussies the last time it happened was in 2005 :shock:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 02, 2007
I believe it could have been anyone. The rule was not in place within this situation and I believe it would have happened sooner rather than later. Us Aussies just like to test the water, thats all.
Although legal, it was very unsportsman like. But, I think we have a very good ratio when it comes to Cheating:Winning (Cheating being far less).

How young is Richie Benaud in that clip. WOW that was wayyyy before my time! lol
PTMike
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat