Xenon Lights

Topic locked
Xenon Lights Nov 22, 2006
Hey you auto lovers....

Just a quick query... any idea where can i get good xenon lights with warranty installed in my new lumina.. i looking for both the headlights and the fog lamps...

There are many cheap ones available in sharjah and dubai but then again dont want to use them have had bad experiences before and dont want to risk the lumina with it...

So would appreciate comments...

cheers

LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 22, 2006
and yes one more thing, can anyone suggest about the power of these lights that i should go for.. pretty new to this..

Cheers
LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 23, 2006
the stock HID xenon i think is about 4600K, i like the 5000k ones as they are pure white and can illuminate the road best.
6000k, 8000k are more blue-purple tint and the light output is less(meaningg u see less of the road ahead)
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 23, 2006
Grade B, HID Conversion kit for 750/-, 1 year warranty + installation + 2 x power regulator 8000+ working hours.

Kit includes 2x Lamps, Wires, Clips, 2 x regulators. ( Lamp Connectors not included, 30W )

My suggestion..get quality stuff, even if it costs a lil too high..

Best of luck
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 23, 2006
so lumina.. picked up your ride???
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 24, 2006
Hey guys.....

Thanks for all the info.. i really appreciate it.. trust me this site is helping me learn so much more....

Ahmed:

Yes i have picked up the car... and is great fun to drive it too.. didnt get anything done on it yet.. would show you the car most probably by tomorrow.. you can expect a call from my side.

I checked also with a guy and he told me as there are 6 bulbs in a lumina (low beam, high beam and fog lamps) it would cost me some where around 2000 aed.. however he said that these kind of lights consume alot of power which the car is not built for so you will surely face a lot of complications when it comes to the computerized function of the car... he offered me a 1 year garranty as well :)

so now i am doubled minded as to if i should really tamper with the computer of the car or not

Thinking!!!!!!!
LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 24, 2006
LUMINA_SS wrote:...it would cost me some where around 2000 aed...a lot of complications...he offered me a 1 year garranty as well...

What happens after one year?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 24, 2006
Aftr 1 year, he has to go to carrefour and buy torches! hahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 27, 2006
Hi
we sell xenon conversion kits
these are high quality and we are one of the uk's biggest HID Supplier

Check out http://www.Turborevs.org.uk