Bikers

Topic locked
Bikers Oct 16, 2006
Hey People!!

Any bikers in DF who would like to go riding???

devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 16, 2006
As of today it is still summer,w/c means sun is up and shining..so no no :?

And also it is Ramadan, most of the vehicles are flying w/c makes road dangerous as ever...so another no no
:P
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 16, 2006
Sorry if I sound curt???

But do you ride????

If yes then you should know there is no such thing as good weather or bad??? You ride in any weather........Unless you are a weekend person.....

Cars are always going to be there...Rash or otherwise..Just something you have to accept.......

If not this thread is specifically ment for riders so please dont rant here....

I want guys/gals to ride with.....

Thanks for your concern though.
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 17, 2006
Ohhh sorry wasnt ranting, just expressing how I feel with biking as of yesterday.

And yes I ride back in my homeland but never had the chance in DXB yet.
:wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 17, 2006
Question for you Biker guys....

Where do you take the bikes for repairs/service? im considering a bike soon.
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 17, 2006
Which bike do u ride Zam??
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 17, 2006
hosrom_951 wrote:Question for you Biker guys....

Where do you take the bikes for repairs/service? im considering a bike soon.

There are a few places that I know of....The others would be only thru word of mouth
1. Motorcycle World - Aweer
2. Race World - Aweer
3. Twister Bikes - Al Qusais
4. Honda Showroom - Official
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 18, 2006
Wooot !

Another biker !!...what do you ride DD ??

I used to own a 99 R1 and Im looking for a ZX7 or 900RR... lemme know if you hear of anything suitable
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 18, 2006
Hey Keith!!!

I got me a 600RR....Have you tried the places I mentioned above...Lemme know if you need help...
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 18, 2006
Hi Guys,
Aplogies if my question does not fit in here. Did not want to start a new thread for it.
I'm not yet in Dubai and will be there in December. And i am looking forward to owning a bike once there. I've heard that you cannot insure motorcycles in Dubai.
I find this rather absurd, is this true?

Cheers,
Hiren
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2006
hirenmistry wrote:Hi Guys,
Aplogies if my question does not fit in here. Did not want to start a new thread for it.
I'm not yet in Dubai and will be there in December. And i am looking forward to owning a bike once there. I've heard that you cannot insure motorcycles in Dubai.
I find this rather absurd, is this true?

Cheers,
Hiren

Its a bit tricky!!!If you buy a 1st hand bike then generally the agency sorts you out....

Other wise you gotta do a 3rd party insurance and that is quite difficult as most insc comp dont do it....As for comprehensive the charges would be astronomical....

Also the other thing they check is how old your liscense is....You need ur id to be atleast 1yr old if you are planning to buy a 2nd hand bike!!!

If not I think there are additional charges again.....

cheers
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 24, 2006
devilsdiciple wrote:
Its a bit tricky!!!If you buy a 1st hand bike then generally the agency sorts you out....

Other wise you gotta do a 3rd party insurance and that is quite difficult as most insc comp dont do it....As for comprehensive the charges would be astronomical....

Also the other thing they check is how old your liscense is....You need ur id to be atleast 1yr old if you are planning to buy a 2nd hand bike!!!

cheers

Damn!! So how much will a comprehensive insurance cost me for a super sports bike say a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R?

Regards,
Hiren
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 24, 2006
hirenmistry wrote:Damn!! So how much will a comprehensive insurance cost me for a super sports bike say a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R?

Regards,
Hiren

you mean the 636 dont you ? :wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 25, 2006
hirenmistry wrote:
devilsdiciple wrote:

cheers

My guess is anything over 2K...Not positive though....

Damn!! So how much will a comprehensive insurance cost me for a super sports bike say a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R?

Regards,
Hiren
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 26, 2006
KeithL wrote:you mean the 636 dont you ? :wink:

Hell yess!!! :D I just love that machine. Its the brand, it does something to me! :)
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2006
You biker boys ever consider the Kawasaki Bajaj? I believe the TV ad said it accelerates faster than the wind.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 26, 2006
gtmash wrote:You biker boys ever consider the Kawasaki Bajaj? I believe the TV ad said it accelerates faster than the wind.

:lol: :lol: Ya....Its just tooooo fast for me to handle.... :lol:
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 27, 2006
hirenmistry wrote:
KeithL wrote:you mean the 636 dont you ? :wink:

Hell yess!!! :D I just love that machine. Its the brand, it does something to me! :)

Hiren, give me a call when you get here and please let me know if you manage to find a ZX7R when you're looking for a bike

KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 27, 2006
gtmash wrote:You biker boys ever consider the Kawasaki Bajaj? I believe the TV ad said it accelerates faster than the wind.

:D LOL!! What a coincidence, here in India i ride a Bajaj bike. Bajaj Pulsar that is. 180cc single, 15BHP :oops:
BTW, there used to be a 125cc bike by the name of Kawasaki Bajaj called Wind. Is that bike available in UAE?

Regards,
Hiren
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 27, 2006
KeithL wrote:Hiren, give me a call when you get here and please let me know if you manage to find a ZX7R when you're looking for a bike

Aye aye! Look forward to that Keith.

Cheers
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 27, 2006
hirenmistry wrote:

:D LOL!! What a coincidence, here in India i ride a Bajaj bike. Bajaj Pulsar that is. 180cc single, 15BHP :oops:
BTW, there used to be a 125cc bike by the name of Kawasaki Bajaj called Wind. Is that bike available in UAE?

Regards,
Hiren

I just remember a Kawasaki Bajaj ad in a Dubai newspaper years ago, and it became an inside joke among us. :lol:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 19, 2006
Are there any good twisties in Dubai.....or do you guys just crank-up the bike on hiways?
How bout tracks? You guys have track days there?

Will be moving to Dubai in a few months time....will surely miss my trackdays in Sepang International circuit (http://beaujarle.multiply.com/photos/album/6). :cry:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto