Golf Clubs

Topic locked
Golf Clubs Nov 13, 2006
We hope to be relocated to Dubai in the very near future and have sent messages to various golf clubs in the area and all seem to be too full to accept new members - does anyone know of any clubs who do have availability?

golfaholic
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 13, 2006
I think once you are here you will be OK with one of them
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Golf Clubs Nov 13, 2006
golfaholic wrote:We hope to be relocated to Dubai in the very near future and have sent messages to various golf clubs in the area and all seem to be too full to accept new members - does anyone know of any clubs who do have availability?

lol, like sage said, once you come here it shouldnt be a problem.

also, if you are wealthy, and have a high class job...if they are trully full...they will make an exception
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 14, 2006
what happens if your not so wealthy, are a bit of a hacker, but enjoy the odd occasional social game? Not that i know anyone of course..........????
rammie
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 14, 2006
rammie wrote:what happens if your not so wealthy, are a bit of a hacker, but enjoy the odd occasional social game? Not that i know anyone of course..........????

Play at off peak times I would imagine
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 14, 2006
couple of friends at work said most clubs are full for individual. except maybe the one near jebel ali. i have not check it out myself since it is a bit far from where i work. da boss is trying to get a corporate membership so that we can take turn playing. not sure where though.

not yet played in any of the course since arriving. clubs are still with wife back home [hope she is not selling them]. will pick them up [wife, kids and clubs] in dec.

will put an update once i hear something positive about this corporate membership. maybe you want to check with your company whether they have corporate membership.
JeepDude
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 15, 2006
will do , if there's enough interest when i come out in Dubai in January from the forum maybe we could organise a day out??
rammie
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 19, 2006
Golfaholic,

Is there anyway you can get a Corporate membership through your company? That might be something you would want to check out. Some of the clubs only have room for new members under those conditions. The Emirates Golf Club is accepting applications under the Corporate Membership.....that's the only way to get into most of these. Good luck to you in your venture here.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum