Miss Great Britain Stripped Of Her Title

Topic locked
Miss Great Britain stripped of her title Nov 13, 2006
As a perfect couple, one might struggle to think of a better one than Miss Great Britain and a much-loved England footballer.

Miss Lloyd and Teddy Sheringham

But yesterday it appeared that Danielle Lloyd's relationship with the West Ham striker Teddy Sheringham had cost her the crown after she was stripped of the 2006 title.

In a recent magazine interview, Miss Lloyd, 22, disclosed that she had been in a relationship with the player when he was a judge in this year's Miss Great Britain competition.

She reminisced about Sheringham, at 40 the oldest player in the Premiership, buying her a £7,000 pair of Jimmy Choo shoes last Christmas.

This came as a surprise to the beauty contest organisers. They had been assured by Miss Lloyd that she did not meet him until the event's post-awards party in February this year.

Sheringham was the only judge to vote for her before she won the title on an audience vote.

The upset was compounded by publicity for December's issue of the US magazine Playboy which said that she would be appearing topless.

Yesterday, a statement on the Miss Great Britain website read: "Following recent claims in the press and magazines and the publicity given on the Playboy website for their next issue, we have sadly decided to strip Danielle Lloyd of her title as Miss Great Britain 2006 effective immediately.

"We are very sad that this action has been necessary and we wish her the best for the future."

Miss Lloyd, from Liverpool, maintained that she was misquoted in the magazine and insisted that her sacking was solely because of her decision to pose for Playboy.

She added: "I can certainly assure you that I had never met Ted until the night of the contest." She said she was "delighted and honoured" to appear in the magazine.

Sheringham's agent, Barry Nevill, also said yesterday that the footballer was adamant that he did not meet the model until after she won the competition.

The young model would have known that she was taking a chance by agreeing to pose topless for Playboy.

As the rules of the contest clearly state, the winner "will not accept or undertake any fully nude or topless assignments, paid or not, during her reign."

Miss Lloyd's camp insisted yesterday that her axing had more to do with attempts to garner publicity for the search for Miss Great Britain 2007.

A spokesman for the pageant said yesterday that a replacement for the ousted winner would be announced in the coming days.

In the meantime, a notice on the competition's website has invited hopefuls to put their names forward for next year's competition.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 13, 2006
It's a bit late to be dropping a Miss GB 2006 - it's almost time for the 2007 contest!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 13, 2006
still that is humiliating :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 13, 2006
zam wrote:still that is humiliating :wink:

And how :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 13, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

how my @ss! read it! hmmm starting to think your account has been hacked... :roll:
zam

Nov 13, 2006
zam wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

how my @ss! read it! hmmm starting to think your account has been hacked... :roll:

And how means I very much agree with you, (english slang)
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 13, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
zam wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

then that means your still my favorite guy :wink:
zam

Nov 13, 2006
zam wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
zam wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

then that means your still my favorite guy :wink:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 13, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol:
zam

Nov 14, 2006
This is really very bad for Miss GB, what was she thinking of???
Desert Scorpion
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 14, 2006
Desert Scorpion wrote:This is really very bad for Miss GB, what was she thinking of???

she was thinking of sherigam's wing wang :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 14, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
Desert Scorpion wrote:This is really very bad for Miss GB, what was she thinking of???

she was thinking of sherigam's wing wang :lol:

After playing for West Ham he must have lost it like everything else
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 15, 2006
:D :D :D :shock: :D :D :D
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat