Ski Dubai

Topic locked
Ski Dubai Jun 18, 2005
Hi guys,

As of last month I have accepted employment as one of the ski instructors for the new snow dome in the Mall of the Emirates, accomodation is being built and provided for me however although I am incredibly excited about the prospect (I leave in August), I have seen nothing but how good it is to spend a holiday in Dubai, I have found no where, but here, that speaks about what it's like to actually live there, is it more than just a one stop wonder?, is there more to do than just shop?, have spent ages this week looking because i managed to break my collar bone.....skiing! D'oh!

thanks for your help,

alex.

SkierAL
Dubai Forums Member

Fellow BASI Jul 01, 2005
Hi Al

I will also be teaching at the new dome, myself and my wife are here at the moment all I can say is it is hot!!!!! going to see the dome tomorrow and meet caroline etc. Trying to find a car to buy but it is proving to be more expensive then we originally thought. Looking forward to meeting you. Reply to nickbavin@hotmail.com if you want
Nick Bavin
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 06, 2005
Hi to both of you - I am at Ski Dubai too, but in the marketing area. Happy to answer any off the record questions if you have them :)
KC
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 13, 2005
hey guys, have email you nick great to hear from you both!!! will be out in mid august so long as i get my legalisation documents back from the embassy (been away for AGES!) cannot wait to get out there and see so much of what i heard been hearing!!! :D
SkierAL
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 13, 2005
Let us know when you get here and we can give you the insider info - Nick and I met up yesterday.
KC
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 14, 2005
will do, have spoken to nick which was cool - got some info that i needed. KC are you living in their accomodation or private? i understand its not even built yet!!!!
SkierAL
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 14, 2005
I am in a different situation - I get a rent allowance and had to find my own accommodation. I believe the accom for you guys is built and is being fitted out now - I know they have ordered all the furniture. Have they said whether or not it will be ready when you get here?
KC
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 14, 2005
i havent heard anything yet, im terrified its going to be crap accomodation! they have kept all this very quiet i have had very little to no information on anything other than an artists impression of what the dome may look like, according to nick however they havent even laid the snow down yet!!!
SkierAL
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 15, 2005
The accom shouldn't be bad - it's new and the furniture sounds nice, so they should deck it out pretty well. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Critical deadline for snow is fast approaching, so we'll see what happens, but the internals are pretty much done - just some of the creative touches in progress. Should have a live website by next week (hopefully) which'll be a bit more comprehensive - keep an eye out: www.skidxb.com

Don't worry too much - they do pull everything together in the end and there's a great atmosphere at work!
KC
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum