2007 Models: Lexus IS300 Vs Infinity G35 Vs BMW 330

Topic locked
2007 Models: Lexus IS300 vs Infinity G35 vs BMW 330 Sep 19, 2006
Hello,

The above has been a great discussion topic in many internet forums!

The above models are available in dubai (g35 shortly[hoping]). What ll YOU go for?

:twisted:

zookk
Dubai Forum User

Sep 19, 2006
BMW
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 20, 2006
Yeah - the BMW any day!

I've driven the Lexus - it's just boring!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

BMW rules! Sep 22, 2006
Certainly BMW! 8) none other...there's no compare for BMW! But i'd agree that in the Japanese catagory Lexus is the best! neatly engineered, looks awsome too! but the looks of new IS300 is inspired from BMW to quite an extent..or we can its inspired from the BMW 3 series!
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 22, 2006
Bollocks,

G35 any damn day of the week!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 23, 2006
Compare BMW to any car, this thing will give you more heat problems alike cherokee.

Lexus..i like the make of it. Royal & luxuries. LS 400's are a dream come true.

Yo Salman .. you seem to be good in cars.. wat da ya do >>>???
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 23, 2006
ahamed wrote:Compare BMW to any car, this thing will give you more heat problems alike cherokee.

Where do you get your heat problem info. Know 20 people who own BMW and they have never had any sort of heating problem!
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 23, 2006
However, I would likely stay away from the new 2007 bmw 3 coupe, its a brand new model and will have bugs that will need to be addressed as it matures in this life cycle. Better to get the coupe next year or the year after..
The G35 is a good bet also.. very nice looking car!
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 23, 2006
my friend had 320i, he blowed up his engine because of the heat problems. Especially with thermostats
ahamed
Dubai chat master

True ahmed! Sep 23, 2006
jag wrote:
ahamed wrote:Compare BMW to any car, this thing will give you more heat problems alike cherokee.

Where do you get your heat problem info. Know 20 people who own BMW and they have never had any sort of heating problem!

Well ahmed indeed it is true that BMW had the heating problems previously! After 1999 BMW announced that it will specifically monitor the engines heating performances randomly. And if you remember the very first launch of the Hydrogen powered BMW 735 HL....the exhibition was in Jumeirah Beach Hotel about the 1999 year 7series. Right at that time onwards...there haven't been a single heating problem in all the BMWs till the present day! This was the turning point for the engineering, i won't go in details of that since you guys will curse me for writing so long msgs :lol:

See ahmed the models having heating problems are 1999-2000 prior models! After that the engines are desgined in such a way that the coolant passages around the cylinders are dynamic, not just around the cylinders but even along the head gasket manifold. Therefore BMWs now perform far better in warm temperatures than in cold ones :D my friend has the 528i 2000 model, and he never faced any sort of heat problems at all APART from when he got his fan stopped working, so he took it to AGMC and they fixed it, but still he drove the car without the fan working!! in the heat, the engine was still in the normal temp!, and he's a hardcore driver! 8)

Sep 23, 2006
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :oops:
ahamed
Dubai chat master

No worries mate Sep 23, 2006
:wink: no worries ahmed :wink: see remember one thing always if you're a car lover like me: That do not take any car brand for granted! All the brands and cars have their own value and respect! If you love cars...them them all.......with respect to this i'd like to quote the saying from VW: For The Love of Automobiles :D
cheers
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 24, 2006
jag wrote:Where do you get your heat problem info. Know 20 people who own BMW and they have never had any sort of heating problem!

jag, I wouldn't bother listening to either of these 2. Advice and opinion is about as useful as ice to an eskimo.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 24, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
jag wrote:Where do you get your heat problem info. Know 20 people who own BMW and they have never had any sort of heating problem!

jag, I wouldn't bother listening to either of these 2. Advice and opinion is about as useful as ice to an eskimo.

:D
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 24, 2006
Advice and opinion is as useful as ice to an eskimo! Very well said XRW-147! and may I add one more point? That advice and opinions are given to those who appreciate other's views and suggestions, not criticise them! Because this is a sign of friendship! Which unfortunately some people take time to understand! or perhaps, never understand.

Advice and opinions are just shared among people, its entirely upto you whether you want to consider them or not, but offending other's view point is a sign of disrespect and insane behaviour.
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 25, 2006
Well said Salman. Should some one remind that the objective of the forum is to share opinion and be open.
zookk
Dubai Forum User

Sep 25, 2006
Sally, you made a fellow forum member (jag) worry about nothing, I was merely making him feel better.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 25, 2006
XRW.. no offense.. but i will show you what i am if i get you on the road .. hheheheeh .. lol ..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 25, 2006
ahamed wrote:XRW.. no offense.. but i will show you what i am if i get you on the road .. hheheheeh .. lol ..

The road is for Schumacher wannabes, meet you at the Autodrome or drag strip any time and I'll teach you how to drive your own car.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 25, 2006
haha. . autodrome and strips are for kiddies.. may be you dont know me..

how about street racing ? be my guest ..

Autodrome.. hahahah .. for kiddies who wanna go by law..

its time for you to take ur driving classes again .. atleast before you call for me on the streets...
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 25, 2006
ahamed wrote:haha. . autodrome and strips are for kiddies.. may be you dont know me..

how about street racing ? be my guest ..

Autodrome.. hahahah .. for kiddies who wanna go by law..

its time for you to take ur driving classes again .. atleast before you call for me on the streets...

I am 100% okay with putting my own life at risk but I know better than to put innocent lives on the line. That's what seperates an experienced driver from the likes of a boy racer like yourself - your ego gets the better of you.

When you mature past your ego you might be worth a can of whoop ass.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 25, 2006
heheh.. thats what people like you say when they get sweating.

I am young and i wont bet around on who is more experienced driver.

But thats what i am trying to proove, dont under estimate anybody.

Besides that you really dont know how i drive.

No offense dude.. cool.. chill !
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 25, 2006
u r the lord of drivers .. happy ??? :shock:
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 25, 2006
Matey, at the end of the day its not about who is better than who. But as you state, you are young, heck so am I - relatively. When you have had close mates die infront of you as a result of motorsports you will understand the real dangers and where I am coming from. Til then, happy motoring.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Okay! Sep 25, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Sally, you made a fellow forum member (jag) worry about nothing, I was merely making him feel better.

So you were merely making ''jag'' feel better by offending some one else? Is that the way you deal with other people? :roll: if you don't agree on my view points about other topics in the forum, I respect that, because its your choice! So every one has his/her own life, but its NOT fare to offend anyone by using rude and rash words which you did in reply to all my post in every topics i replied!! I hardly know you, and you start making fun of me?
And what's with this good driver thingy? We all are good drivers! No ones' bad, it just depends on the amount of time we spend behind the wheel! We experience something new everyday we drive! And if we respect the laws of Physics, than we will judge our driving skills farely!
I hope you'll understand...

TO THE TOPIC: Guys the new IS300 from Lexus is very beautiful compact saloon, I must appreciate the efforts done the Lexus designers, well done! I had the chance to visit Lexus showrooms yesterday, so I had a close look at the car, every single bit of it doesn't look Japanese anymore except for the Logo :lol: Perfect aero-dynamics, very sleek, interior is awsome, standard navigation (touch-screen) Mark Levinson sound system(10speakers) just beautiful, now after looking at it, I would say that AFTER :lol: BMW...i'd go for IS300! :D
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Okay! Sep 25, 2006
Salman_20VT wrote:And what's with this good driver thingy? We all are good drivers! No ones' bad, it just depends on the amount of time we spand behind the wheel!

Nothing personal mate, but no bad drivers? :lol: Good one.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Okay! Sep 25, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
Salman_20VT wrote:And what's with this good driver thingy? We all are good drivers! No ones' bad, it just depends on the amount of time we spand behind the wheel!

Nothing personal mate, but no bad drivers? :lol: Good one.

So are we friends now? no pulling legs anymore ok!
cheers :wink:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Okay! Sep 26, 2006
Salman_20VT wrote:
XRW-147 wrote:Sally, you made a fellow forum member (jag) worry about nothing, I was merely making him feel better.

So you were merely making ''jag'' feel better by offending some one else? Is that the way you deal with other people? :roll: if you don't agree on my view points about other topics in the forum, I respect that, because its your choice! So every one has his/her own life, but its NOT fare to offend anyone by using rude and rash words which you did in reply to all my post in every topics i replied!! I hardly know you, and you start making fun of me?
And what's with this good driver thingy? We all are good drivers! No ones' bad, it just depends on the amount of time we spend behind the wheel! We experience something new everyday we drive! And if we respect the laws of Physics, than we will judge our driving skills farely!
I hope you'll understand...

TO THE TOPIC: Guys the new IS300 from Lexus is very beautiful compact saloon, I must appreciate the efforts done the Lexus designers, well done! I had the chance to visit Lexus showrooms yesterday, so I had a close look at the car, every single bit of it doesn't look Japanese anymore except for the Logo :lol: Perfect aero-dynamics, very sleek, interior is awsome, standard navigation (touch-screen) Mark Levinson sound system(10speakers) just beautiful, now after looking at it, I would say that AFTER :lol: BMW...i'd go for IS300! :D

No big deal guys.. :) I thoroughly researched bmws before I got mine, and was aware about the heating issue, but that like someone else said was only there in pre 99 models.. since then no issues as such.. :)

Btw, how much is that new Lexus IS 300 going for?
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 27, 2006
lexus is300

without sunroof and navigation=131K
with sunroof and navigation=139K

dubai traffic is keeping me away from having a personal look...

For approx 140K...the cars I 'd consider are
- IS300
- G35 (new one for 2007 is supposed to be amazing)
- BMW 325
- Perhaps CTS (2008 model with redesigned interior)
zookk
Dubai Forum User

oh yeah Sep 27, 2006
IS300 has an average price, okay but not ideal, its a compact saloon so it sould've been around 115 - 125K. Its the smallest in the series. But the looks are awsome indeed. Therefore considering the price factor...my first choice still remains BMW :wink:
cheers
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto