The Art Of Letting Go (",)

Topic locked
The Art Of Letting Go (",) Mar 22, 2005
When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left. The bible said that, they came out from us that it might be made manifest that they were not for us. For had they been of us, no doubt they would have continued with us. [1John 2:19]

People leave you because they are not joined to you. And if they are not joined to you, you can't make them stay. Let them go.

And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means that their part in the story is over. And you've got to know when people's part in your story is over so that you don't keep trying to raise the dead. You've got to know when it's dead. You've got to know when it's over.

Let me tell you something. I've got the gift of good-bye. It's the tenth spiritual gift, I believe in good-bye. It's not that I'm hateful, it's that I'm faithful, and I know whatever God means for me to have He'll give it to me. And if it takes too much sweat I don't need it. Stop begging people to stay. Let them go!!

If you are holding on to something that doesn't belong to you and was never intended for your life, then you need to...LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to past hurts and pains ...LET IT GO!!!

If someone can't treat you right, love you back, and see your
worth...LET IT GO!!!

If someone has angered you ... LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge .. LET IT GO!!!

If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction ... LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to a job that no longer meets your needs or talents ... LET IT GO!!!

If you have a bad attitude...LET IT GO!!!

If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better... LET IT GO!!!

If you're stuck in the past and God is trying to take you to a new level in Him... LET IT GO!!!

If you are struggling with the healing of a broken relationship.... LET IT GO!!!

If you keep trying to help someone who won't even try to help themselves...LET IT GO!!!

If you're feeling depressed and stressed.... LET IT GO!!!

If there is a particular situation that you are so used to handling yourself and God is saying, "Take your hands off of it," then you need to... LET IT GO!!!

Let the past be the past. Forget the former things. GOD is doing a new thing for 2005!!!

LET IT GO!!! Get Right or Get Left.. Think about it, and then LET IT GO!!! "The Battle is the Lord's!"

sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2005
This is the nicest and the smartest thing I read here!
Thank you Sweet Mary!
Artisto
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 26, 2005
:wink:

Everyone must know how to appreciate life even if it's not a bed of roses. We must not be victim of any circumstance. Life is a matter of choice... it's like a rainbow..colorful!
sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 17, 2005
Thats very nice written.. I guess you like to read a lot of books..if you do I would recommand you to read a book called "Who will cry when you die" by Robin Sharma its a great book you will really enjoy reading it.
nezar33
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 17, 2005
nezar33 wrote:Thats very nice written.. I guess you like to read a lot of books..if you do I would recommand you to read a book called "Who will cry when you die" by Robin Sharma its a great book you will really enjoy reading it.

yep, i enjoyed reading sheildon's books and chicken soup for the soul and lot more! btw, tnx I will.
sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 18, 2005
what happens if u are holding a person on the dead cliff and ur hands could help u no long to cling on to the person, would u let go of the person? Well if it was Liban then no second thoughts....... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 18, 2005
Hey Sweet Mary,

Thanks for your nice thoughts.

People come and go into and out of your life and your life is better for having known people that have become close to you.

I also think that if you let something go and it comes back to you, it was meant to belong to you, but if it doesn't come back, then it was never yours in the first place.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 18, 2005
It dont keep anything in my life that I am not willing to let go if neccessary.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

The Art of Letting it Go!!! Jul 20, 2005
Hi Sweet Marry,

It is wonderful to say the least. I have no words to appreciate your contribution. I am greatful to you for spending time to post such wonderful words which make the world a better place to live in.

There are times when we really in trouble with relationships or anything else, but it needs tremendous courage and spiritual / philosophic wisdom to really look the problem from every angle and find a solution. Your words really touch all angles.

Thank you very much,
Shravan
shavanz@yahoo.com

Quotes by Khahlil Gibran

Life is an island, rocks are its desires, trees its dreams, flowers its loneliness, and it is in the middle of an ocean of solitude and seclusion. Your life is an island separated from all other islands and continents. Regardless of how many boats you send to other shores or how many ships arrive upon your shores, you yourself are an island separated by its own pains, secluded in its happiness and far away in its compassion and hidden in its secrets and miseries.---Your inner soul is surrounded with solitude and seclusion. Were it not for this solitude and this seclusion you would not be you and I would not be I. If it were not for that solitude and seclusion, I would, if I heard your voice, think myself to be speaking; yet, if I saw your face, I would imagine that I were looking into a mirror. (Mirrors of the Soul)

'Ever has it been that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of seperation'

I discovered the secret of the sea in meditation upon the dewdrop

Satan said to the priest “Do you not realize that you will starve to death if I were to die? What would you then do tomorrow? What vocation would you pursue if my name disappeared? For decades you have been roaming these villages and warning the people against falling into my hands. They have bought your advice with their poor denars and with the products of their land. What would they buy from you tomorrow, if they discovered that their wicked enemy no longer existed? Your occupation would die with me, for the people would be safe from sin. As a clergyman, do you not realize that Satan’s existence alone has created his enemy, the church?”
(Between Night and Morn)

I once heard a learned man say, "Every evil has its remedy, except folly. To reprimand an obstinate fool or to preach to a dolt is like writing upon the water. Christ healed the blind, the halt, the palsied, and the leprous. But the fool He could not cure." (Words of The Master)
Shravan
Dubai Forum User

Jul 20, 2005
shravan could u make ur font bit smaller? Thanks
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 20, 2005
what a load of crap. let go??!!

To forgive is human, TO GET EVEN IS DIVINE. I rest my case!
preciousmissunderstood
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 20, 2005
HHhhmmmm interesting attitude, shall we assume that you cling to everything in your life, and are unable to give somethings up even if they're no longer good for you or condusive to your way of life?

Sweet Mary posted those wonderful thoughts and she's absolutely right! There are some things in your life that you just have to let go of.

You obviously don't get it, your attitude says it all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 21, 2005
or maybe she is miss understood ? :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 22, 2005
wht? now I must ask forgiveness for not having a sugary attitude to life choc. pulease...do u sit and shred every word on a forum or does everyone here have to agree to marys lil story...who doesnt get it now? Attitude? Careful woman..ReALly now choc...go try to pick a kitty fight with someone else ya.....uhm thanks maaD!? :)
preciousmissunderstood
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 22, 2005
Yeah Ok whatever, fair enough.

And I think Maad was actually taking the P*** :tongue1:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums