If A Man Proclams "I Divorce You" Thre Times, Thats The End?

Topic locked
If a man proclams "I divorce you" thre times, thats the end? Jan 06, 2011
The following are what Bora Bora claimed on another thread under politics forum...

If a man proclaims "I divorce you" three times, that's the end of the marriage? He's free to walk away? Sharia law when it comes to marriage and crime is still in the dark ages and very backwards.

I see American woman who are Muslims living in Dubai who live with the fear that should the husband want a divorce (expat divorce rate here is very high), or should she for that matter, with the sweep of a hand she can loose her child/ren to him, without a court determining if indeed he is the better parent, nor are the wants of the child/ren taken into consideration. He could be a wife beater, a cheating husband, have a second wife, an abuser, none of this is taken into consideration because: the law (Sharia) is the law (Sharia). If he decides he doesn't want the children he doesn't have to pay child support or alimony. Sure, a divorce can be obtained through lawyers outside the country, but while living in Dubai, they still live under Sharia law.

Fortunately they can make all the demands they want, it will never happen.

dubai-politics-talk/islamophobia-2010-timeline-t44756-15.html

I am sure I read somewhere that you said you converted to Islam...Was it a concious convertion? which means that you had thorough knowledge before your acceptance and that you moved into such marriage with a muslim knowing its consequences?

I have objections to your claims as mentioned above tho ...
Even Just a small research on the net proves that you are not telling the truth and misleading..

Divorce, based on quran...
http://www.submission.org/women/divorce.html

Here they are, the six principles of shariah:

1. The right to the protection of life.
2. The right to the protection of family.
3. The right to the protection of education.
4. The right to the protection of religion.
5. The right to the protection of property (access to resources).
6. The right to the protection of human dignity.

The right to the protection of family...
http://www.islam4all.com/newpage112.htm#Chapter IV

A Mother's right to the pyhsical Custody...
http://www.expertlaw.com/library/family ... stody.html

Divorce: Some Misconceptions
http://www.islamfortoday.com/divorce.htm

I would personally expect you to perfom much better Bora Bora...
It's such a shame that when one reads you posts, cannot avoid observing your bias or hatred if I may say...

Wouldn't you like to differ yourself from ignorant/mal practising Muslims?

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: If A Man Proclams "I Divorce You" Thre Times, Thats The Jan 06, 2011
Look at the case of Marnie Pearce whose husband Ihab el Laban had an affair with an American woman and the marriage split, then he called the police on Marnie when she had a male friend over and she ended up arrested and jailed for months for adultery. She was dragged to the court where there was a Muslim divorce and the kids were given to the husband. El Laban has now married the American woman and Marnie Pearce only has visitation rights with her kids. Who knows if el Laban will pick up and leave to the US with the kids, because under the law it seems that he has every right to do that.

Even as a non-Muslim a husband could stop his wife from leaving the UAE. If a husband dies, the bank accounts are frozen and eventually the money is given to his father instead of his wife. So there would be a huge delay and inconvenience in getting access to the money. Sorry, but that is a lot of power for men and little for women.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Look at the case of Marnie Pearce whose husband Ihab el Laban had an affair with an American woman and the marriage split, then he called the police on Marnie when she had a male friend over and she ended up arrested and jailed for months for adultery. She was dragged to the court where there was a Muslim divorce and the kids were given to the husband. El Laban has now married the American woman and Marnie Pearce only has visitation rights with her kids. Who knows if el Laban will pick up and leave to the US with the kids, because under the law it seems that he has every right to do that.

Even as a non-Muslim a husband could stop his wife from leaving the UAE. If a husband dies, the bank accounts are frozen and eventually the money is given to his father instead of his wife. So there would be a huge delay and inconvenience in getting access to the money. Sorry, but that is a lot of power for men and little for women.

Again the problem here is confusing the dodgy laws of self proclaimed "Islamic countries" with the actual teachings of Islam.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

So, in divorce in Islam the husband does not get custody of the children as soon as all children are old enough to be weaned from their mother?

Is the husband not divinely appointed as the head of the household and therefore can prohibit his wife from doing many things?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

A bit caught up myself at the moment to go into detail but although I haven't clicked them yet, I think the links berrin posted might address these questions.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: If a man proclams "I divorce you" thre times, thats the Jan 06, 2011
^^^^That age is 2 years for a boy and 7 years for a girl.

A woman can not get divorce from her husband, if she simply doesnt like him! She has to have excuses like he is ill, or drug addicted ,or abusive!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: If a man proclams "I divorce you" thre times, thats the Jan 06, 2011
So, in divorce in Islam the husband does not get custody of the children as soon as all children are old enough to be weaned from their mother?

Depends on the mother' circumstances...
The teachings of Islam have to be taken into account in “totality” to understand the circumstances. For example, ‘Islam permits polygamy’ but with an additional instruction that ‘justice be done to all the wives’. Hence, an instruction (which suits a person) cannot be selective and implemented without taking into account other “modifiers.” In the same way, divorce also has to be looked at in totality. (2) Many things in Islam change with the elements of the situation. For example, eating during normal days and during fasting. Divorce also changes in Islam based on the situation, from highly undesirable or nearly forbidden (without good reason) changing to highly recommended or nearly obligatory (in situations like when the wife is unfaithful).

I am sure the situation is the same when taking custody of the children, i.e. a boy child needs a male figure "his father" to bond as a role model to grow into, being born into an islamic marriage...But in any case islam doesn't burden a divorced woman more than she can/should handle once she re gains her single status again...

Many things explained in those links I provided...

Is the husband not divinely appointed as the head of the household and therefore can prohibit his wife from doing many things?

Yes he is the head of the household to sustain unity and provide...Prohibition depends on how it described in quran and according to the practise of the prophet..

-- Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:49 pm --

A woman can not get divorce from her husband, if she simply doesnt like him!

How ridiculous...You make marriage sound as if it's a play..

If their dislike of each other in marriage is based on real/justified terms then of course they can divorce...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums